(Archived) Outlook to Evernote - Cascading Pop-Up Windows

Alexis00

Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to say how excited I was to learn of this software through The Secret Weapon.  It is exactly what I need!

But in regards to how the Outlook to Evernote export function behaves, I noticed it causes all the exported emails to launch as cascading pop-ups from Evernote.  This is very annoying and really hinders the product's usability.  This problem becomes further exacerbated when enough pop-up windows launch that they cascade off the screen and need to be readjusted just so they can be closed.

In the video http://www.thesecretweapon.org/emptying-that-inbox at about 2:20 when he exports from Outlook these pop-up windows aren't shown.  I would like to request a simple user friendly feature that would make the software behave how it appears to behave in that video:
  • Add an option to suppress the pop-up windows that launch when copying emails from Outlook to Evernote (they're unnecessary and annoying)
  • Optionally force those new notes to the top of Evernote and mark them a different colour until they are tagged
The second point is entirely optional as users can easily click the Tags header to bring notes without tags to the top.  This would make the software a LOT more user friendly especially for people who deal with large amounts of email.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post a feature request.  Please move it for me if there's a more suitable place.

Thanks for this great tool and thanks for your time and kind consideration.

Best regards,
Alexis

Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to say how excited I was to learn of this software through The Secret Weapon.  It is exactly what I need! 

But in regards to how the Outlook to Evernote export function behaves, I noticed it causes all the exported emails to launch as cascading pop-ups from Evernote.  This is very annoying and really hinders the product's usability.  This problem becomes further exacerbated when enough pop-up windows launch that they cascade off the screen and need to be readjusted just so they can be closed.

In the video http://www.thesecretweapon.org/emptying-that-inbox at about 2:20 when he exports from Outlook these pop-up windows aren't shown.  I would like to request a simple user friendly feature that would make the software behave how it appears to behave in that video:

• Add an option to suppress the pop-up windows that launch when copying emails from Outlook to Evernote (they're unnecessary and annoying)
  • Optionally force those new notes to the top of Evernote and mark them a different colour until they are tagged
The second point is entirely optional as users can easily click the Tags header to bring notes without tags to the top.  This would make the software a LOT more user friendly especially for people who deal with large amounts of email.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post a feature request.  Please move it for me if there's a more suitable place.

Best regards,

Alexis

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/27657-basic-question/

Hello,

Best regards,

Alexis

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/27657-basic-question/

Bless you!  Evernote support told me this "feature" didn't exist.  They must not have understood me. :)

Archived