Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Can I lock my note?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zeal

Zeal

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Hi ,

sometimes, I only want to read the content of my note, so I want't edit it, but sometimes may have misopertion, and evernote auto update.

Can I lock some notebook or one note?

#2 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Not at this time. Thanks for posting

If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hi ,
sometimes, I only want to read the content of my note, so I want't edit it, but sometimes may have misopertion, and evernote auto update.
Can I lock some notebook or one note?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Technically speaking, dlu is correct. However, in practice, locking notes is quite easy to do. One workaround is to create a separate account and put notes and notebooks you don't want edited into it. Share the notebooks with your main account, and you can still search and read them just like normal, but (unless you give yourself modification privileges), they are (for all intents and purposes) locked.

It sounds more cumbersome than it is. Premium users can easily switch back and forth among multiple accounts. And, free users can email notes they want to have "locked" into their second account (remember, you can even designate the tags and notebooks for the notes). When you are done with a note and want to preserve it, just email it. This is a great solution for "archiving" your notes.

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

And if one is tech savvy, they could play around with the enex file of the note. I know there is a way under the hood to lock notes b/c my notes sent to EN from Skitch on iPad are write protected. But I've not had the inclination to delve further into how it's done. But I'd guess you could easily make a script that would lock a note, if you were so inclined.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote