andriod. users, there are alot of us!

Cascade9999

Idea

I received email from evernote yesterday gloating about penultimate and iOs. It really sounded like evernote is not interested in android at all. Perhaps it is time to find someone pro android and move my evernote content to a supplier who doesn't rub our nose in its iOs achievement as if there was nothing else!!!!!

Ps evernote's inability to do bullets and numbered lists properly is well overdue for repair!!!

15 replies to this idea

I wouldn't call that email gloating...we're just proud that we shipped a great version of Penultimate for iPad.  That same email had a new update to Skitch for Android, and updates to the clipper for Chrome and Safari.  I just shipped a beta tester email that included updates to Windows, Windows 8, Mac, Android and iOS. 

Also, we've got Penultimate for Android in development--we just can't brag on that until it's done :)

I wouldn't call that email gloating...we're just proud that we shipped a great version of Penultimate for iPad.  That same email had a new update to Skitch for Android, and updates to the clipper for Chrome and Safari.  I just shipped a beta tester email that included updates to Windows, Windows 8, Mac, Android and iOS. 

Also, we've got Penultimate for Android in development--we just can't brag on that until it's done :)

Is it possible to share that development with people who'd LOVE to beta test things for you?

Is it possible to share that development with people who'd LOVE to beta test things for you?

Agreed. Penultimate seems the ideal app for all those Galaxy Note devices (like my Note 10.1) that Samsung is selling so well.

If possible, please include pen pressure support on the Android version. I'd love to test it for you!

Of course--we're always on the lookout for new testers.  The form is here: https://docs.google.com/a/evernote.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF2Rmt1YlJIellJNmYtX2VsQmxwM2c6MQ#gid=0

So could you give us at least a approximate release date for the android version? We know it´s in development, but how long will it take?

We unfortunately don't give out ETAs, even broadly approximate ones, as these are always subject to change.

Like Saltorio, Penultimate seems build for Samsung Galxy Note !!! The app S Note is great but it can't sync on all device, and can't share an editable version of our notes !!

Penultimate seems better than Skitch to create mockups and share them.

Seriously, requests for an Android version of Penultimate date back to over 1 year ago.  How long does it take for the Product Manager to accomplish something?

Yeah. Especially when they release a somewhat major update for it for the iPad the other day. It's not like iOS devices offer anything special that isn't available with Android (for the purpose of this app). If anything, the existence of Wacom stylus-based devices (like the Galaxy Note series) should make this product more suited to Android than iOS.

I don't know if this is the place I should post it but I think that Penultimate is a very helpful app that will help all university and college students take notes during lectures. I know evernote has done a lot in regards to notetaking but making penultimate available for android devices I think is a must.

Moreover I would like to see some more features like turning handwriting notes into text for better notetaking. Something like Snote for Galaxy note but I am sure that Evernote will do a much better job here!!

Seriously, requests for an Android version of Penultimate date back to over 1 year ago.  How long does it take for the Product Manager to accomplish something?

I don't know & I'm sure you don't.  We (you & I) don't even know if it's high on his/her priority list. It took due dates/reminders at least ~three years to make it to rollout & they are still not rolled out on all platforms.  FWIW, I do seem to recall they have made it to Android...

If you'd like to help us beta test, feel free to fill out this form here: https://docs.google.com/a/evernote.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF2Rmt1YlJIellJNmYtX2VsQmxwM2c6MQ#gid=0

There's a bit of a backlog to that queue that we're working through at the moment, but this will ensure you have "first look" at products come down the pipeline in private beta.  Registration is followed up with an agreement.

After view some videos on youtube I can´t understand why penultimate is not on Android yet.

Android have a huge expansion and can not be forgotten

Seems the galaxy note family is built for penultimate!

Evernote group keep the GREAT job! Congrats!

Archived