Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Using two separate Evernote accounts on my computer?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stanwelks

stanwelks

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

1.) I am using both a personal and a work-related EN account. Is there a way to have both setup on through the Mac application?

2.) If not, if I log out of one and log into the other will it overwrite the folder with all of the files stored on my Mac with the files from the other account?

Thanks.

#2 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Click on the Evernote menu and select "Add Another Account"

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

1.) I am using both a personal and a work-related EN account. Is there a way to have both setup on through the Mac application?

2.) If not, if I log out of one and log into the other will it overwrite the folder with all of the files stored on my Mac with the files from the other account?

Thanks.

Hi. If you are a Premium member you can use multiple accounts on the same machine. If you are not, I don't think you have access to this added functionality.

http://blog.evernote...ounts-and-more/

#4 stanwelks

stanwelks

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I am not currently a premium member. If I log out of my current account and log into another, any idea if it overwrites and re-synchs all of the data stored from my other account with the new account that I'm logged into? OR will it make another folder with all of the data from my other account, resulting in two folders of account data?

Thanks.

#5 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I am not currently a premium member. If I log out of my current account and log into another, any idea if it overwrites and re-synchs all of the data stored from my other account with the new account that I'm logged into? OR will it make another folder with all of the data from my other account, resulting in two folders of account data?

Thanks.

It was fine back in the old days, before we got this option (last summer). I haven't tried it, though, in a very long while. I wouldn't expect any problems with it. It is just a little more troublesome to log out and log back in. That's all. I'd backup before giving it a try, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote