Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

hello crashes as soon as i take a pic of a business card

hello crash photos business cards scan

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 exrtmsomnia

exrtmsomnia

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

hi,

this is really frastrating, as soon as i try to scan a new business card with evernote hello, it crashes , i have tried to reinstall but still it doesnt work

any suggestions?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

hi,
   this is really frastrating, as soon as i try to scan a new business card with evernote hello, it crashes , i have tried to reinstall but still it doesnt work
 tall?
any suggestions?

When you say you reinstalled, did you uninstall, reboot device & then reinstall?
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 jfmarchini

jfmarchini

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have the same exact issue.

Thanks.

#4 bunnyfastard

bunnyfastard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have the same issue too - it's really annoying. Also, it only tried to automatically take the scan for about 2 seconds then prompts you to do it yourself, then when you do it crashes. I thought the last update was meant to fix this bug?

#5 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks.

I have the same issue too - it's really annoying. Also, it only tried to automatically take the scan for about 2 seconds then prompts you to do it yourself, then when you do it crashes. I thought the last update was meant to fix this bug?

At the risk of stating the obvious, did you do what I suggested?

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#6 bunnyfastard

bunnyfastard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hi BurgersNFries,

I haven't because i says i will lose all my data if i do. 

#7 exrtmsomnia

exrtmsomnia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks.

>I have the same issue too - it's really annoying. Also, it only tried to automatically take the scan for about 2 seconds then prompts you to do it yourself, then when you do it crashes. I thought the last update was meant to fix this bug?

At the risk of stating the obvious, did you do what I suggested?

i tried that, unistalled,reboot and then install again..still same problem though..any ideas on what could be causing it?i love this app but what difference does it make if it doesn't work//:(

#8 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi 

First a few qualifying questions:

1. Did you update to the 2.0.1 version?
  2. Do you have a very large address book (i.e. several hundred entries) or very large calendar (i.e. typically overbooked or back to back meetings every day)?
  3. Are you on iOS version 6.0.1 or 6.0.2?

If you haven't upgraded to version 2.0.1 you should because we fixed several of the most common causes for crashes, specifically with large calendars and address books.  

As for the 3rd question, we've encountered several devices on 6.0.2 where normally the OS is supposed to be clearing out memory when you switch and close apps.  We haven't confirmed that upgrading iOS will fix the problem but we'd appreciate the additional information so that we can pinpoint the problem.  Thanks.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#9 exrtmsomnia

exrtmsomnia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi 

First a few qualifying questions:

1. Did you update to the 2.0.1 version?
  2. Do you have a very large address book (i.e. several hundred entries) or very large calendar (i.e. typically overbooked or back to back meetings every day)?
  3. Are you on iOS version 6.0.1 or 6.0.2?

If you haven't upgraded to version 2.0.1 you should because we fixed several of the most common causes for crashes, specifically with large calendars and address books.  

As for the 3rd question, we've encountered several devices on 6.0.2 where normally the OS is supposed to be clearing out memory when you switch and close apps.  We haven't confirmed that upgrading iOS will fix the problem but we'd appreciate the additional information so that we can pinpoint the problem.  Thanks.

ok so evernote hello 2.0.1 check

i have a large address book but not a large calendar no

i am on ios 6.1.2

i hope that helps,let me know if u find another workaround cause i tend to use this app for scanning business cards alot! briliant idea by the way ,instant exchange of cards for networking!! just make it work :)

#10 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi exrtmsomnia,

Can I ask you to contact support so that we can get more information on your device?  The typical cause for crashing during biz card scans is low memory situation.  We have fixed some of the more common issues with the 2.0.1 release but these problems are notoriously difficult to identify since a crash in our app may be caused by our own app or it may be caused by other apps that are also using up your memory.

Once I see the ticket, I'll have someone look into it immediately.  Thanks!

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#11 jfmarchini

jfmarchini

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I have done all the above suggestions and it keeps on just crashing.

#12 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hi Jfmarchini,

Please contact our support so that we can get more information about your device.  I've covered all the simple solutions in my post.  The only way we can solve this is if we work with you directly to get more info about your use case and what other apps you may have on your device to help us pinpoint the problem.  

Our support team is top notch and very responsive even for free account users.  You can submit a ticket here:  http://evernote.com/contact/support/

#13 michael72688

michael72688

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I just downloaded Evernote Hello yesterday.  I was able to scan one business card but now, each time I try, immediately after taking the scan, my phone goes to the home menu (springboard?)

Evernote Hello 2.0.1.260800
iOS 6.0(10A403)
iPhone 4S

I am not allowed to upgrade iOS at this time.

Thanks

#14 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hi Michael,

I would recommend that you contact support so that we can look at this problem in more detail.  Thanks.

// Martin

#15 michael72688

michael72688

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Shortly after I posted here I noticed that I was having the same issue with other applications that use the camera.  I turned off my iPhone (held down the power on/off button until it turned off) and turned it back on and now all camera applications work, including the Hello business card capture function.  So for me it was an iPhone issue and not a Hello issue.

#16 jfmarchini

jfmarchini

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

I figured out what was problem for me. It was assistive touch. (I use it to avoid pushing the hardware button).

I turned off assistive touch, and voilá, no more crashing.

Thanks,

Julio

#17 RangeR

RangeR

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have the same problem and the solution was also disconnect the assistive touch.
Thanks,
jfmarchini

Regards

#18 jonhursh

jonhursh

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

This is quite puzzling. You've priced this app very high compared to other apps with similar functionalities, yet it crashes so much it's as if it's still in beta version. Are we paying you to trouble shoot your product? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote