Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Evernote for Android 5.0 beta3

evernote

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hi there, 

Evernote for Android 5.0 beta 3 is available now for testing. 

The main new feature is Shortcuts, that you may already know if you use the mac client. It is still early stage and may be unstable, especially on phone. 

We've also polished up the multishot camera / page camera / moleskine experience. 

Moleskine: 

- edit detected stickers 

- settings improvements

Multishot camera: 

- UX and UI improvements 

Page camera: 

- UX and UI improvements 

Shortcuts - tablet only

- swipe from the right edge to open

- mac shortcuts (v5.0.5) are synced in the shortcut list 

- long tap note, notebook or tag to add in the list 

Known issues / limitations

- shortcuts don't open yet 

- instabilities on phone and conflict on home screen

- shortcuts UX broken on phone 

- shortcut UI is not final 

Here is the link to download:
http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

As usual, your feedback is very welcome. 

Go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com when you have a problem. 

That will send us the essential information we will need to investigate here. 

Enjoy your testing!

Xavier. 

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Downloaded and installed, not much time to test yet. Shortcuts look cool on my tablet, and I like how they're accessible. Thanks for the update.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 rbboot

rbboot

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Is this the page camera?

https://www.evernote...9496ce4f64ef046

If so, it crashes the app on my Asus TF300 tablet.

One other comment, I really like the multishot feature released in a previous version, but I have trouble making sure a picture of text comes into to focus like I could with the stock camera. Does the page camera help with this?

Thanks for the continued improvements!

#4 Rgrenader

Rgrenader

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Is this the page camera?

https://www.evernote...9496ce4f64ef046

If so, it crashes the app on my Asus TF300 tablet.

One other comment, I really like the multishot feature released in a previous version, but I have trouble making sure a picture of text comes into to focus like I could with the stock camera. Does the page camera help with this?

Thanks for the continued improvements!

Same issue on an Asus tablet.  I see the Page Camera icon as reported by rbboot above, but selecting returns an "Unfortunately, Evernote has stopped" message from the OS.

#5 ThomasErik

ThomasErik

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2).

The Evernote beta3 works perfectly, no glitches at all, very stable performance. Even the Moleskine photo works fine - which I would never use on my Galaxy Note 2 though, due to the built-in writing on the screen application.

The multi-photo is a very useful addition to the Evernote app.

So - excellent job well done.

#6 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Rbboot, Rgrenader, 

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at this issue and hope to fix it in the next beta release to come soon. 

Thanks for the kind feedback ThomasErik. 

#7 SolomonX

SolomonX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

installed beta3 on htc dna. UX interface seems to be good besides a few crashes when in the moleskin camera.

--Still no sign of moleskin stickers tagging-- I'm not sure if i missing something in the settings or if its not working. Any advise?

#8 Rgrenader

Rgrenader

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

To follow up on my last post:  The page camera icon appears on an Android tablet running version 4.0.3 but not on a Samsung Galaxy running rev 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) of the OS.

#9 ka7ple

ka7ple

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

When you go to add a tag on the Android platform, you now have to select personal tags before you get a list of your tags. It there any way around this? It seems like one more unnecessary step.
That is the only complaint or issue I can find so far. The app runs smoothly on both my tablet and my smart phone.
Great Job EN. Thanks

#10 Tyler Toone

Tyler Toone

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I have installed this beta version you have a link to above. Everything seems to be working correctly until I hit the 'check' mark to save the image into a new note and this message appears "No Picture Captured" and nothing happens, no image appears in the note. 

I am using the beta version on my the following device:

Android HTC Evo

Android version: 2.3.7

Let me know if there is anything I can do to get this working. It worked fine on the regular Evernote and on the last beta version once I set the pixel size to 3 megapixels. On the last beta version when I was capturing an image at 8 megapixel it didn't work, but once I changed to 3 megapixel it worked fine. In this latest version I have tried all kind of different variations but it still won't capture.

#11 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Tyler. 

We'll have a look at that. A new beta should be available soon.

#12 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

@ka7ple 

You can still start typing direct in the filed so the tag can be suggested. 

We collapsed the tag list for 2 main reasons: 

- simplify the interface since with a long list of tags, using the completion is the fastest option

- communicate about the rules for the current tags. for instance, in a shared note, you may be able to only select a tag in a restricted list and not to add a new tag. 

#13 rbboot

rbboot

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

The multi-shot camera is crashing the camera on my Asus tablet after a couple uses forcing me to reboot. Reverting to the stock camera fixed the problem. I'm looking forward to the next beta. 

#14 ka7ple

ka7ple

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

@ka7ple 

You can still start typing direct in the filed so the tag can be suggested. 

We collapsed the tag list for 2 main reasons: 

- simplify the interface since with a long list of tags, using the completion is the fastest option

- communicate about the rules for the current tags. for instance, in a shared note, you may be able to only select a tag in a restricted list and not to add a new tag. 

OK that all makes sense. Thanks for the info. I had not tried typing direct in the field to have the tag suggestion come up, that works much better. Thanks again,

#15 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

The next beta is available now. 

http://discussion.ev...roid-50-beta-4/

Still some instabilities that we are fixing with page camera, but faster performance overall. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote