Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

EN suddenly won't sync to Kindle from Mac

Android sync kindle evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ValinParis

ValinParis

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

I had no trouble syncing to my Kindle from my Mac until the first of the year. Now it won't sync. Does anyone have any ideas why?

Thanks!

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Evernote clients on different devices do not sync directly to each other -- they always go from device to the Evernote cloud servers, then down to the other device.

So if you are creating notes on the Kindle that are not appearing on the Mac, then you need to check where the problem lies. First step is to use the Web client to examine your note database (the web client goes direct to the Evernote servers). If the notes from the kindle do not appear in the Web client, then the problem is with syncing from the Kindle to the Evernote servers. If, on the other hand, the notes do appear, then the problem is with syncing from the Evernote servers to the Mac. This will narrow things down.

In either case, you should open a support request (see the link in my signature), and report what you've found out. 

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 ValinParis

ValinParis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

"First step is to use the Web client to examine your note database (the web client goes direct to the Evernote servers)."

Thanks, Jeff, for your help. I'm still not able to sync from MacBook to Kindle even though the Web client shows on my Kindle that all has synced. It's the app that doesn't seem to be working.

#4 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

So just to be clear:

When you look at your account using the web client, are notes that you created on the Kindle there? And they do not appear on the Mac?

Conversely, when you look at your account using the web client, are notes that you created on the Mac there? And they do not appear on the Kindle?

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 ValinParis

ValinParis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I figured it out.

Kindle sends a "notification" which only shows in the upper left hand corner as a 1 in a circle, meaning it was telling me I needed to enter a password for Evernote to authenticate. This doesn't show up when you activate the EN app, which it should right away when the app is opened. This Kindle Fire is relatively new to me so I'm just figuring out how unfriendly it can be.

Thanks for helping me out. Your advice sent me looking for something out of the ordinary as EN was syncing to my iPhone just fine.

Have a great day!

Val

#6 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Happy to help, Val. Can't say that I've had that problem before, not sure why my case would be different from yours. I've had a Kindle Fire for over a year, and like it a lot (I use it nearly every day, for one thing or another, even reading:)), but I find myself yearning to wander around outside of Amazon's walled garden, so a different Android tablet may be in my future. 

Anyways, hopefully you're on the right path now -- I like the Evernote for Android client, overall.

~Jeff

#7 Don D

Don D

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks to both of you!  I had the same problem for the last few days...and came looking for help!  Solved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote