(Archived) Evernote Searching

cdissler

Hi All,

I am working on organization and tags right now. What I have is a notebook with notes that, to be totally organized, need at least 2 tags. I need to go through and find the notes that only have one tag quickly so I can tag them with the other one or more. Is there a quick search that will return the results?

There are a bunch of notes and a bunch of tags so going through this one-at-a-time wouldn't be fun...

Sorry is this is confusing.

Thanks

cdissler - I do not know of a way to search for notes with only 1 tag - - - and I doubt that there is a specific Evernote function to do that. But, here is an approach that might work for you.

• Put the display of your notes into "List" mode.
  • Make sure the "Tag" column is visibile.
  • Scan the list for notes with just one tag.
  • Open each one you find and assign an additional tag.

I hope you feel this helps.

Analyst444

• Level 5

Cdissler,

why would you need "two Tags" for each note "to be totally organized"? It sounds like you are giving up a lot of flexibility that EN is providing if all your notes need 2 tags.

cdissler - I do not know of a way to search for notes with only 1 tag - - - and I doubt that there is a specific Evernote function to do that. But, here is an approach that might work for you.

• Put the display of your notes into "List" mode.
  • Make sure the "Tag" column is visibile.
  • Scan the list for notes with just one tag.
  • Open each one you find and assign an additional tag.

I hope you feel this helps.

Analyst444

Thanks this did it. It's easier than searching each individual note tag.

Cdissler,

why would you need "two Tags" for each note "to be totally organized"? It sounds like you are giving up a lot of flexibility that EN is providing if all your notes need 2 tags.

Hmmm, this doesn't feel, smell or taste like an answer. Neither, does it appear to be helpful... Rather, it appears to be critical... There is one notebook that I have that has this requirement.

Archived