(Archived) Syncing with PC

I feel like everyone is having the exact opposite problem I'm having.

New notes created on my PC will not sync with my droid.  I can trace this back to October 2012.  I don't believe I've successfully created a new note on the PC and had it display on my droid.

However, notes created on my droid sync to my PC.  Notes deleted from my droid are deleted from my PC.  In addition, some of my older notes that are on both devices sync without a problem - when I make changes to old notes on my PC they sync with my droid.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the application on my PC but it still doesn't work.

Tthe PC doesn't seem to push the content to the droid. 

I will also add that I typically take notes on my iPad and can see those notes on my droid and my PC.  Since I don't typically take the notes on my PC I didn't notice that it hasn't been syncing.

• Level 5*

Evernote clients on devices (desktop or mobile) do not "push" notes directly to other devices. They always sync through the Evernote cloud. You can view the Evernote cloud's view of your Evernote database by using the Web client. If the notes that you create on your PC are viewable in the web client, then the problem is likely somewhere between the Evernote servers and your Android device. If the notes that you create on your PC are not viewable in the web client, then the problem is somewhere between your PC and the Evernote servers.

I agree with jefito regarding the way that things sync in Evernote. How I do it is, whenever I know that I'm going to be making changes to my account on any device (I have an android phone & tablet, windows pc, & iPad), I always sync the app as soon as I log in, after making any changes, and again right before I log out, to make sure that every change that I make gets uploaded/synced back to the evernote servers(website). The evernote server is where all of your devices actually are syncing back to, so whatever is on the website version, is what you should be seeing on all devices, after you sync, of course. Although the sync function on each device is setup to automatically sync after a certain amount of time has passed, for whatever reason, it doesn't always work so I just perform a manual sync. DesmoD 55, you might want to also check the settings on all of your devices to make sure that they are all setup the same way for syncing. Hope this helps.

I agree with jefito regarding the way that things sync in Evernote. How I do it is, whenever I know that I'm going to be making changes to my account on any device (I have an android phone & tablet, windows pc, & iPad), I always sync the app as soon as I log in, after making any changes, and again right before I log out, to make sure that every change that I make gets uploaded/synced back to the evernote servers(website). The evernote server is where all of your devices actually are syncing back to, so whatever is on the website version, is what you should be seeing on all devices, after you sync, of course. Although the sync function on each device is setup to automatically sync after a certain amount of time has passed, for whatever reason, it doesn't always work so I just perform a manual sync. DesmoD 55, you might want to also check the settings on all of your devices to make sure that they are all setup the same way for syncing. Hope this helps.

Yup.  AFAIK, this is the way ALL web based data works, unless push notifications are available & enabled.  IE, I use Toodledo for my list manager, including grocery lists.  When I use it on my iPad, I sync, add items, sync.  When I'm walking into the grocery, I pull out my iPhone & sync.  While in the grocery, I mark things off my list.  When I'm done, I sync.  The source of all truths is on the servers in the cloud.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate everyone's quick feedback.  Took me a while longer to test.  So, I continue to have the same problem.  Any notes/notebooks created on my PC never make it to the cloud.  I'm not sure what settings to check - there's not many options for syncing but just for information I've checked all of them (enable sync notifications, sync changes on exit, sync in the background, sync auto).  I manually took all the notes off my PC that weren't in the cloud, placed them in the cloud and then I deleted the application from my PC.  I reinstalled the application on my PC and all the cloud notes were there so I haven't lost any content, but tried creating a new note again and it didn't sync to the cloud.  This is not just bad habits of not manually syncing frequently enough - I'm trying to sync and it doesn't work.

I notice that when I press the sync button, it only spins for a second and then the synchronization complete windown pops up but it doesn't sync!

Not sure what to try.  It's becoming a deal breaker though because I take quick notes on my PC more frequently then I thought. 

And I will add again.  Created a notebook in the cloud, added a note - synced to the PC no problem.  However the notebook I created earlier on the PC still wasn't on the web.  Also, went into the notebook I created in the cloud on my droid, made some edits and synced that to the cloud again and that posted to my PC no problem.  But still no sign of the notebook/note I created on the PC.

I noticed that on the web client, under the settings/applications section it says I have authorized Evernote for Android, but it doesn't say iPad (which works fine) or PC.  Should it?  Where do I go to add that?  There is no place to add a service on the web client that I can tell.

• Level 5*

If you cannot sync, and you can't figure it out from the activity log (Help / Activity Log), then you should open a support request. See the link in my signature.

• 3 months later...

This is the same problem I'm having! I've tried everything, including speaking to support, but the suggestions they gave didn't help. I've made an effort at experimenting with it, but I really don't know enough about evernote (i.e, how the files work, how syncing works, etc) to figure it out for myself.

• 4 months later...

I am facing the same problem

My evernote windows client suddenly stopped working  this afternoon.

Notes from my desktop are not getting synced to web but a not created on evernote web is syncing back fine to my PC. 

Any solution please.

Notes from my desktop are not getting synced to web but a not created on evernote web is syncing back fine to my PC. 

Any solution please.

I replied to the thread you started here.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/46608-notes-from-pc-not-getting-synced-to-evernote-web/

Any solution please.

I replied to the thread you started here.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/46608-notes-from-pc-not-getting-synced-to-evernote-web/

Yeah i kind of lost this post after posting here that's why i created a new thread

ah! after struggling with it for around 5-6 hours i finally fixed it within minutes of posting my problem on the evernote forum.

Steps I think worked for me :

1. Go to your evernote Database folder. You can get the path from Tools->options->General->Open database folder.

2.optional step : Copy this database folder to some other drive. This step is only for being on a safer side.

3. Rename actual database folder to anything you want to.

4. Exit evernote client

5. Open evernote client. Enter your password and let evernote do everything for you.

If it doesn't do anything on its own press the sync button.

Any solution please.

ah! after struggling with it for around 5-6 hours i finally fixed it within minutes of posting my problem on the evernote forum.

1. Go to your evernote Database folder. You can get the path from Tools->options->General->Open database folder.

2.optional step : Copy this database folder to some other drive. This step is only for being on a safer side.

4. Exit evernote client

5. Open evernote client. Enter your password and let evernote do everything for you.

This may fix it so any new notes created going forward are synced from your PC to the web. BUT... This process will cause any notes that are on the PC but not synced to the EN servers to be lost, since what you are dong is simply rebuilding the Windows database from the Evernote servers. This includes any notes in local/unsynced notebooks. The workaround is to export the unsynced notes to enex & import after completing this process. Please search the board on import/export for more info, should you need it, since there are some idiosyncrasies when exporting/importing via enex.

• 3 weeks later...

4. Exit evernote client

Thanks, that worked for me. However if I strike this problem again I'll just go with the web version instead of the executable.

Archived