(Archived) Web Clipper in Chrome: Won't stop displaying the Try Clipping PDFs pop up!

knowwaal

Every time I open a PDF in Chrome I now see the following pop up:

"Did you know that you can clip PDF's directly to your Evernote account with the Web Clipper?"

No matter how many times I click it away, it returns when I open a PDF. How can I make Web Clipper stop displaying this constant, annoying message?

Hi - I am getting this problem with Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.9, from the Chrome Web Store. I just installed the version above, and it appears to be version 5.9.7

I don't know if that means anything to you - just thought you might want to know.

And - will the version above notify me when there are updates available?

Cheers

Don

BTW - I am using Chromium on Kubuntu - so the desktop app is not available to me :-(

Hi all, 

We believe we have fixed the issue with the PDF tooltip that keeps coming back on PDf pages, in production version 5.9.9. If you installed any of the beta builds from this thread make sure to re-install the Clipper from the Chrome Web Store to ensure you are getting future auto updates.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

We believe we have fixed the issue with the PDF tooltip that keeps coming back on PDf pages, in production version 5.9.9. If you installed any of the beta builds from this thread make sure to re-install the Clipper from the Chrome Web Store to ensure you are getting future auto updates.

Not working for me. Build #f3c15f9 on Chrome 27.0.1453.110. Still getting endless pdf popups, and now I'm getting gmail ones too. I open pdfs a few times a day and the popup is annoying, but I open Gmail windows ALL the time, and the popup is ridiculous. Can't you add a "stop showing popups" flag to the user account?

We do have a flag associated with the user ID but it appears broken for some users. We are working on a fix and may reach out to affected users for some logs. Feel free to send me error logs / JS console logs in a PM. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

We do have a flag associated with the user ID but it appears broken for some users. We are working on a fix and may reach out to affected users for some logs. Feel free to send me error logs / JS console logs in a PM. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

Thanks - glad to know you're working on it :) Happy to send logs - next time it pops up I'll check the logs and see if there's anything relevant.

Archived