Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Evernote for Android 5.0 beta2

evernote android

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Hi All,

Evernote for Android 5.0 beta 2 is available for testing.

Here are the new feature we shipped in this beta release: 

Page Camera 

Accessible form camera / second rotate camera icon AND note editor / "+". Processes scanned documents to improve legibility

Moleskine Smart Tags 

A first iteration for smart tags. Associate the stickers in settings, use page camera to scan a Moleskine page 

Performance improvement 

The whole note list experience should be faster as well as the sync. 

Known issues 

Page camera icons are not final, we used the rotate camera as placeholder. 

Scanning a document takes a long time to process

Scanned document on Android 2.x device won't be saved 

Moleskine tags cannot be edited 

Some other instabilities

Here are the links to download:
http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

As usual, your feedback is very welcome. 

Go to settings/support/ to send your logs to android-preview@evernote.com when you have a problem. 

That will send us the essential information we will need to investigate here. 

Thanks and enjoy your testing. 

Xavier. 

#2 AndreasM

AndreasM

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Xavier

this below is what you wrote in Evernote for Android 5.0 beta 1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for sharing your opnion. 
Some features that would help retrieve your notes are part of the scope for the next release.

So, where is this in beta 2 ??????
Another promise not kept.

#3 gustavgi

gustavgi

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Xavier

this below is what you wrote in Evernote for Android 5.0 beta 1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for sharing your opnion. 
Some features that would help retrieve your notes are part of the scope for the next release.

So, where is this in beta 2 ??????
Another promise not kept.

Next release as in Public. He could also be talking about 5.1, as that was a bit unclear. Either way, it's still in beta and responses like that will get you nowhere. It's a good thing that they acknowledged the opinions and also hinted at a time frame.

#4 Rgrenader

Rgrenader

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Where does the Page Camera become accessable?  The camera icon in a new note will allow inclusion of a picture from a Evernote moleskine notebook, but will not recognize the stickers. 

#5 AndreasM

AndreasM

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

gustavgi,

I know that responses like that will get me nowhere, in fact any response will get me nowhere with EN. If you stay here longer, like me, you will see for yourself.

Due dates have been promised first time 3 years ago, and, are still being promised, however all the promises are broken.

#6 dehaan

dehaan

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I have installed the beta listed above (Android running ICS), tried twice - it installs beta 1 according to the version listed in settings.

I cannot find the option to switch to Page Camera when taking a photo - no button. I flipped through the rows of buttons while in camera mode, definitely no icons that look like a page, and tried clicking each one - nothing. I also cannot find any settings related to the Moleskine (noted above to make settings related to stickers).  

Been checking all options for the past half hour - nothing. Very disappointed.

#7 sewezo

sewezo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well, this topic deals with EN 5.0 beta for Android and that's why I'd like to give some info concerning the current beta 2 version.

I'm pretty new to EN and  use EN's German flavor but I guess that doesn't matter.

I ordered a Moleskine booklet and tried the paper camera supplied in beta 2:

So far it's working fine though I expected that the pointed lines should be less marked after taking a paper camera picture.

Most of the shots show up well and up to now I couldn't find a serious problem. Obviously it'd be much better if someone could compare it with Iphone's paper camera. 

I haven't tried detailed tests yet concerning the stickers, but there's one thing what I miss already: after assigning a tag or a notebook to a sticker: you have the possibility

to reassign it to different tags or notebooks. But there's no way to fall back to the original value, e.g. "not assigned.".

Anyway I'll certainly do some more tests during this beta.

Anybody else here who found bugs or raises questions concerning the current 5.0 features?

#8 dehaan

dehaan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Update: tried downloading the beta again (third time) - this time it is actually beta 2 instead of beta 1. I guess the announcement came a bit early!

Smart tag settings are now in the Settings area. 

In camera, there are two rotate camera icons (the camera feature is very buggy in this beta release! the icons are floating rather randomly around the screen). I think one of the rotate icons is meant to be a page capture (I don't have an iPhone on hand to confirm), as it doesn't rotate the camera but reduces the image capture area. Can anyone from Evernote confirm this bug?

#9 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

@dehaan, 

Thanks for the feedback. You are right, we used the rotate camera icon as placeholder for now, I update the note to clarify this. 

I'll report the floating icon issue for investigation. 

Usually, the beta update is available immediately, I'll see why it took longer this time. Sorry for the disturbance. 

@andreasM, 

Gustavgi is right, I was speaking about the next public release not the beta release, I agree that it was a bit confusing.

I am sorry that you feel like we made unkept promises. I don't think I ever did. I never made any promise about due dates or any other features. 

#10 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Xavier, the "promises" made about due dates (as in adding "Due Dates" to Evernote notes, rather than due dates as in feature delivery dates) were made for you, by some guy named "Phil". :)

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#11 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Ok. that must be quite a while ago, and probably the reason why we don't provide ETA anymore!

Providing a solution to help you remember everything, I shouldn't be surprised that you still bring that up 3 years later :)

#12 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well, this topic deals with EN 5.0 beta for Android and that's why I'd like to give some info concerning the current beta 2 version.

I'm pretty new to EN and  use EN's German flavor but I guess that doesn't matter.

I ordered a Moleskine booklet and tried the paper camera supplied in beta 2:

So far it's working fine though I expected that the pointed lines should be less marked after taking a paper camera picture.

Most of the shots show up well and up to now I couldn't find a serious problem. Obviously it'd be much better if someone could compare it with Iphone's paper camera. 

I haven't tried detailed tests yet concerning the stickers, but there's one thing what I miss already: after assigning a tag or a notebook to a sticker: you have the possibility

to reassign it to different tags or notebooks. But there's no way to fall back to the original value, e.g. "not assigned.".

Anyway I'll certainly do some more tests during this beta.

Anybody else here who found bugs or raises questions concerning the current 5.0 features?

Thanks for the feedback! I moved your post to the related forum thread.

We are still working on the user interface, and we will add a way to restore the stickers' settings to the original configuration (default notebook / no tags). 

#13 vsajewel

vsajewel

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

If I want to install this do I need the Hockey app installed in my Nexus...I have an iPad and that's how it installs there. I tried just downloading it and installing it but it didn't install.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, evernote, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote