Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
BlackBerry

Evernote for Blackberry's Z10

evernote z10

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Jttuck

Jttuck

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Any word on a potential release date for a version of Evernote that works on the new Z10?  i am hoping it's in the works and not simply a pipe dream I have.  

#2 steve_filtered

steve_filtered

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Considering it was one of the default account types I thought there would be more too. I really need a solid integrated to-do app (with notification) and quick access notes and was hoping that this would allow me to connect my mac and blackberry products...today :)

#3 Jttuck

Jttuck

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well, here is hoping more BlackBerry users make their presence known so that an App comes our way soon.  Hint... Hint...

#4 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Considering it was one of the default account types I thought there would be more too. I really need a solid integrated to-do app (with notification) and quick access notes and was hoping that this would allow me to connect my mac and blackberry products...today :)

Evernote doesn't currently do notifications

#5 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

I believe Evernote is tightly integrated into BB10. In a built in app called Remember me.

Here is a link to some screenshots

http://n4bb.com/look...erry-10-photos/

Twitter: @richramo
Premium EN User

#6 Jttuck

Jttuck

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I believe Evernote is tightly integrated into BB10. In a built in app called Remember me.

Thank you Metroside, you were incredibly helpful.  I had no idea it was imbedded in that way.  I was looking for a standalone app like dropbox.  I am all set up now.

#7 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Glad I could help Jttuck. Haven't seen it working myself on BB10 yet but really looking forward to trying it out in the coming months.

Premium EN User

#8 Mighty Q

Mighty Q

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Just got a new BB Z10 and REALLY need my Evernote to run on it!

Please let us know ETA

#9 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Did read the thread Might Q?

Premium EN User

#10 sonicvision

sonicvision

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I am using the intregrated Evernote on my Z10, and noticed that not all folders are fully sync'd. Any ideas to fix this? There doesn't appear to be a 'sync' or 'refresh' button in Z10 Remember.

Issue is that on the Z10 it's not showing all the notes that are in the web vesrion.

#11 Tim BB10 user

Tim BB10 user

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

I noticed the same thing and can't find a 'sync' button. It syncs automatically after a while but it takes too long and it's not clear when it happens. There isn't a 'Last sync' date & time or 'Updated' date & time for each note. 

The app is really disappointing after reading the hype about Evernote being 'deeply integrated' with BB10. I was hoping for some improvements but in fact I think it is a step backwards and really limits how Evernote can be used. 

The biggest problem is formatting - it can't display anything beyond simple text characters. Things like inserted tables, horizontal rules, and bullet points or check boxes don't show up. A list made with bullet points is displayed as a continuous string of text. Indented paragraphs lose their formatting. Quotation marks are displayed as "'". Even text in bold, italics, or underlined shows up un-formatted.

Making it worse, if you edit and save a note in the BB10 app, the un-formatted version ends up in the Evernote cloud. When you sync other devices the original formatting is lost. My notes are now messed up everywhere! I expect this will be a fundamental problem for most other users. Anyone else finding these issues? 

If Evernote doesn't work properly on my mobile then I don't see the point in using it. Right now I would say you can be an Evernote user or a BB10 user, but not both. Too bad as I'm pretty invested in using Evernote and I like the Z10 in other ways. I really hope Evernote can make some improvements or is developing a stand-alone app outside of Remember - I am guessing the integration is causing the problems. Any news on Evernote for BB10 development? Thanks, 

#12 DigitalScribe

DigitalScribe

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

I agree with Tim, the capabilities of the Remember app are actually extremely limited, it's not capable of functioning as a connection to your Evernotes. Currently (I'm assuming because of the plain-text limitation), it only downloads about 30 of my notes, and they're the oldest and least useful ones, with no options for what gets synced, etc. We need a full Evernote app for the BB10 userbase, many of whom are Premium Evernote subscribers like myself.

I noticed the same thing and can't find a 'sync' button. It syncs automatically after a while but it takes too long and it's not clear when it happens. There isn't a 'Last sync' date & time or 'Updated' date & time for each note. 

The app is really disappointing after reading the hype about Evernote being 'deeply integrated' with BB10. I was hoping for some improvements but in fact I think it is a step backwards and really limits how Evernote can be used. 

The biggest problem is formatting - it can't display anything beyond simple text characters. Things like inserted tables, horizontal rules, and bullet points or check boxes don't show up. A list made with bullet points is displayed as a continuous string of text. Indented paragraphs lose their formatting. Quotation marks are displayed as "'". Even text in bold, italics, or underlined shows up un-formatted.

Making it worse, if you edit and save a note in the BB10 app, the un-formatted version ends up in the Evernote cloud. When you sync other devices the original formatting is lost. My notes are now messed up everywhere! I expect this will be a fundamental problem for most other users. Anyone else finding these issues? 

If Evernote doesn't work properly on my mobile then I don't see the point in using it. Right now I would say you can be an Evernote user or a BB10 user, but not both. Too bad as I'm pretty invested in using Evernote and I like the Z10 in other ways. I really hope Evernote can make some improvements or is developing a stand-alone app outside of Remember - I am guessing the integration is causing the problems. Any news on Evernote for BB10 development? Thanks, 

#13 RallyMeister

RallyMeister

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks very much.  It worked like a charm. :)   I wish the Evernote KB had this information. :rolleyes:

#14 Tundrasnow

Tundrasnow

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I agree with many of the above comments. The Evernote integration into the Z10 is limited and very disapointing. I depend heavily on Evernote, and certainly need either the Evernote integration in BB10 to be improved dramatically or require a full native Evernote app on the Z10. If these do not happen, then it makes using Evernote very restricted.  I certainly hope a native app comes soon.

#15 EricArcher

EricArcher

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I use the Andriod version side loaded onto my Playbook, works like a charm :)

Has anyone tried side loading this onto the Z10?

#16 ylsf

ylsf

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Actually, the Blackberry World market for Playbook has Evernote as an app.  I assume it is just a ported "android" version but you don't need to sideload it.  Surprised that they haven't ported it over to Z10 yet.  I really would like to see a true native version of Evernote (the "remember me" thing I saw at a demo seemed okay but I want a full robust version of Evernote).  I am considering a Z10 as my new phone (or maybe even a Q10).  Definitely hope Evernote is working on one.

#17 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

I am shocked at how badly Evernote is currently integrated into the Z10. I would absolutely not consider this as "deeply" integrated and really seems more of an afterthought. As a Premium subscriber, a native app is a must. Please work on this.

#18 keyboard_cat

keyboard_cat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have been waiting until everything was in place to go for Evernote Premium.  When I saw the Z10, it came with an Evernote icon.  I didnt' bother erally looking into it, because hey, it MUST be fully functional if it comes with BlackBerry's flagship smartphone, right?  The one that is supposed to save the company?  So, I bought the Z10. 

I guess my personal productivity makeover and my plans for world domination will have to wait a while longer.  Or maybe I'll just go find other tools.  What's up?

#19 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,783 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Via the magic of Google:

http://supportforums...10/td-p/2165379

http://forums.crackb...te-bb10-769136/

http://www.zdnet.com...ont-7000010757/

http://science.oppos...erry-19057.html

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#20 Grossman

Grossman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

The integration with BB10 OS is indeed limited.  Very disappointing to learn exactly how limited.. and reminds me much of the version available for BB Playbook.  It appears Evernote continues to provide a bottom shelf offerings to Blackberry platform.  Seriously Evernote... is providing a good quality Android port the BB World asking that much?  Lots of Z10 owners out here sharing the same disappointment in your offering.  

Thankfully, the user community has picked up where Evernote has dropped the ball.  Although not native (to take advantage of BB10 cascades) there are several versions of Evernote Adroid already ported the the *.bar format for side load.  I am running v5.0 on Z10 Verizon.  In contrast to other apps on the Z10, Evernote feels slow and laggy, but many aspects of the port function correctly.  Give it a try..... while we continue with hope that Evernote will give BB10 some love SOON !!!

http://apps.gooderea.../#disqus_thread

http://androidbars.net/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackberry, evernote, z10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote