Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Evernote 5.0.6 Beta for Mac

evernote

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi everyone,

Great beta update coming your way! Get it here: http://evernote.com/...e=PrereleaseMac

Hope you like it!

New Features
- New redesigned welcome window

Other Improvements
- Fixed URL pasting issues
- Business Trash deletion issues are resolved
- Improved speed of large paste operations
- Evernote window no longer steals focus

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • Group: Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have "Recent Notes" switched off - the new beta switches it back on and does not let me switch it off.

#3 skellam

skellam

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the Cmd-Click to select multiple tags! Works great. Nice to see the Mac client catching up with the Windows client.

#4 alexrs

alexrs

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have "Recent Notes" switched off - the new beta switches it back on and does not let me switch it off.

To add to that, the Shortcuts can't be removed from the side bar, it just won't let me turn it off.

Evernote - OSX - Windows 7 - Windows 8 - iOS - Android

#5 pgdahl

pgdahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone,

Great beta update coming your way! Get it here: http://evernote.com/...e=PrereleaseMac

Hope you like it!

New Features
- New redesigned welcome window

Wow. My enthusiasm knows no end.

#6 loumi02

loumi02

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'm reporting this bug as well: i can't remove the recent notes from the sidebar :/

#7 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sorry about that. Recent/Shortcut hiding will be fixed in our next release!

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#8 Lagomorph

Lagomorph

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi All:

Okay so I'm having a weird redraw problem with the Mtn. Lion, Evernote and Copying jpegs to Evernote using the drag and drop method onto the Evernote icon in the dock.

After copying 4 or 5 jpegs one at a time, the Finder window for the folder I'm working with loses The file names, I've already ck'd and I have the appropriate view settings, no I didn't scroll over too far and just not seeing that column. The only way I can get things back to normal is to let Evernote crash (which happens after I try to do anything else), go to a different file folder and then come back to the file folder I want to work in.

webkit-fake-url://3997BD75-4721-4909-9B5B-0FEA1369505C/image.tiff
Andrea
andrea@leapinglagomorph.com

#9 forever-evernote

forever-evernote

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi Lagomorph,

I'm trying to reproduce your error by following your steps but am not sure I quite understand what you are saying. What exactly do you mean that the Finder window "loses the filenames"? Are the jpegs you are selecting right next to each other, or are they separated by other jpegs in the window list?

Please clarify. A screenshot attachment would be helpful as well -- I am unable to view "webkit-fake-url://3997BD75-4721-4909-9B5B-0FEA1369505C/image.tiff"

#10 srtemple13

srtemple13

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I would like to ask a question that's been posted several times, but never addressed. When I paste an image into a note that is long in length the note automatically scrolls all the way to the top. I then have to scroll all the way back to the bottom of the note to edit or see the pasted image. I have heard this happens with pasted text as well.

#11 jeroendee

jeroendee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Just clipped a picture to evernote. When trying to (right-click on the picture in the note) and choosing preview or skitch from the "Open With" option, Evernote crashes.
Latest Mac OSX with all updates

Reproduce 1:
- go to a note that contains an image;
- context-click (right-click) on the picture in the note, the picture is blue-highlighted and the context menu appears;
- click outside the context menu, the context menu disappears, the picture is still blue-highlighted;
- click on the blue-highlighted picture;
- watch as the app crashes.

Reproduce 2:
- go to a note that contains an image;
- context-click (right-click) on the picture in the note, the picture is blue-highlighted and the context menu appears;
- from the "Open With" context menu option choose (click on) - for example - "Skitch" ("Preview" will also work)
- watch as the app crashes.

Hope this gets fixed in the next release.

Loving the Evernote service btw, keep up the good work!

#12 Rex

Rex

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Sweet mother of [MODERATOR: Please keep religion out of your posts -- font size has been increased as well to a legible size], has the Evernote team finally fixed the 10-minute-beachball-upon-paste issue?

Has the carnage of suicidal Mac users, penning last notes in their Evernote clients entitled "I just can't take this anymore", finally convinced the developers that something, nay, anything must be done to end the senseless bloodshed?

Say it is so, oh please, won't someone say that it is so.

I've had the update for about an hour, and so far, I can say this much ... it sucks less than the abomination that sprang forth from [Please, no religion] fetid womb some three months ago. The wretched horrorfest which became known as "Evernote 5.0 - 5.05".

Is this what salvation feels like?

Or, as I suspect, is it merely the calm before the storm? A brief respite from hell's cruel torture before the screams of a thousand suffering souls fill the air as they find that the Evernote team has replaced all of their desktop icons with barely-legal photos of [And, please refrain from comments about gender, *****, and so forth]

Time will tell, fellow users.

Time will tell.

#13 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yawn.....

#14 Rex

Rex

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yawn.....

Ouch.

I failed to amuse a guy who made 3,752 posts in a note-taking support forum?

Could it be that I'm not as funny as I think I am?

Nah.

After all, there were like, 800 users who DIDN'T *yawn*.

Thank [unspecified fictitious entity which in no way connotes either a belief or disbelief in any religion, be it organized or informal in nature], I'm still hysterical.

#15 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Yup.

This is a business forum & people are expected to act accordingly. However, please feel free to PM yourself, since you seem to find yourself so entertaining.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#16 Rex

Rex

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sweet mother of [MODERATOR: Please keep religion out of your posts -- font size has been increased as well to a legible size], has the Evernote team finally fixed the 10-minute-beachball-upon-paste issue?

Has the carnage of suicidal Mac users, penning last notes in their Evernote clients entitled "I just can't take this anymore", finally convinced the developers that something, nay, anything must be done to end the senseless bloodshed?

I've had the update for about an hour, and so far, I can say this much ... it sucks less than the abomination that sprang forth from [Please, no religion] fetid womb some three months ago. The wretched horrorfest which became known as "Evernote 5.0 - 5.05".

Or, as I suspect, is it merely the calm before the storm? A brief respite from hell's cruel torture before the screams of a thousand suffering souls fill the air as they find that the Evernote team has replaced all of their desktop icons with barely-legal photos of [And, please refrain from comments about gender, *****, and so forth]

Time will tell.

Sir,

Making comments about gender, *****, and so forth is a core tenant of my religion, and that you discriminate against me because of my beliefs is beyond reproach.

Please take your hate-filled xenophobia elsewhere, as the Evernote forums are no place for your intolerance.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would leave my race out of this, as it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

I will say good day to you!

#17 Rex

Rex

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Yup.

This is a business forum & people are expected to act accordingly. Such as making posts to say *yawn*, and furthering the offensive thread by getting on your high horse solely to show your moral superiority. Like me. Be more like me. If everyone was more like me, I'd be happier. However, please feel free to PM yourself, since you seem to find yourself so entertaining.

Sorry.

#18 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Time will tell.

Sir,

Making comments about gender, *****, and so forth is a core tenant of my religion, and that you discriminate against me because of my beliefs is beyond reproach.

Please take your hate-filled xenophobia elsewhere, as the Evernote forums are no place for your intolerance.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would leave my race out of this, as it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

I will say good day to you!

:)

I know it was tongue-in-cheek, but let's steer the conversation away from sensitive topics unrelated to Evernote. I think what you wanted to say is that you are unhappy with the interface. Could you tell us what specifically you didn't like?

#19 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Nailed it.

#20 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

BUG: Search
- Please see Ticket # 16051-234707

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users