Hide Related Notes in Mac Client

vanduse1

Idea

Is there a way to disable or temporarily hide the related notes field in Evernote? I was recently in a meeting where my screen was shared to capture ideas in a brainstorm session. Since I am a premium member it shows the "related notes" in the same window as the current note I am editing. The related notes that were displayed were competitive in nature and not intended for the current audience. I looked for a way to disable but was unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is there a way to disable or temporarily hide the related notes field in Evernote? I was recently in a meeting where my screen was shared to capture ideas in a brainstorm session. Since I am a premium member it shows the "related notes" in the same window as the current note I am editing. The related notes that were displayed were competitive in nature and not intended for the current audience. I looked for a way to disable but was unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

Hi. See Evernote > Preferences > Show Related Notes.

For presentations, I usually share the notebook with a "test" account so that I don't have to worry about inadvertently showing all sorts of things. You can set up a free account, share a notebook with it, and the problem is solved a little more easily (in my opinion) for future presentations.

• Level 5*

Is it possible to disable related notes in the Windows client (ver 5) ? 

I don't see it anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there.  ;)

Yes. But, you have to go to a Windows thread to discover this information :)

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41654-how-to-hide-related-notes-in-windows-client/?p=224510

Probably stating the obvious, but this should be in the interface itself. Right-clicking on the related notes or maybe a disclosure triangle to hide and show related notes without having to jump into preferences would be a big help.

-Daniel

+1 on making "related notes" a note-level toggle. An icon indicating the existence of related notes would be helpful, with a toggle "+" or tip-down triangle.

While I like the related notes feature, I have work and personal notebooks and I don't like my personal "related notes" appearing automatically when I view work notes.  It would be nice to be able to filter the "related notes" by current note's notebook as an option.

Even when the Related Notes are hidden, the note still shows space below the note. Often I like to use the full screen view to minimize distraction. Evernote usually makes good UI decisions, but the implemention of this feature is questionable.

Looking forward to the next revision.

Blast!

Silly search function - I knew not where I was. 

Brief moment of cranial vapour lock.

Don't worry. There should be a forum just for general application related inquries. Multi-platform apps shouldn't have that many different feature differences between systems.

Archived