Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

How Do I Delete A Notebook?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Budge

Budge

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

In Evernote 5.0.5 for the Mac when I try to delete a Notebook by right-clicking its heading in the left column, all I see is "Share Notebook" and "Notebook Settings," no Delete. How do I delete a Notebook?

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

In Evernote 5.0.5 for the Mac when I try to delete a Notebook by right-clicking its heading in the left column, all I see is "Share Notebook" and "Notebook Settings," no Delete. How do I delete a Notebook?

HI. I think you have your notebooks showing as a list, you right-clicked on a notebook name, and the options appeared. Click on the notebook icon instead, then you will see a list of your notebooks. These have full functionality, and you can delete them from there.

#3 crandolph

crandolph

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi-

I am trying to delete a notebook and am trying to following the instructions above, but can't seem to get to the options to delete the notebook.  Can you be more specific.

Thanks,

#4 SKirtonBear

SKirtonBear

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I was able to do this:

click on your Library of Notebooks so you see the images of the notebooks in the single window.

Hold the control key down and click on any notebook cover that you want to delete:  a menu list will come down with the option to delete a notebook as the fifth option.

(I don't have a mouse so right-clicking is out of the question.)

--Hebrews 10:20

www.kirtondrawnback.org

#5 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

I was able to do this:

click on your Library of Notebooks so you see the images of the notebooks in the single window.

Hold the control key down and click on any notebook cover that you want to delete:  a menu list will come down with the option to delete a notebook as the fifth option.

(I don't have a mouse so right-clicking is out of the question.)

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing that. I don't have a mouse either, but with the trackpad, the equivalent of a right click (called a secondary click by the Apple folks) is a two-finger tap in Lion and Mountain Lion. 

#6 Lthieriot

Lthieriot

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

I followed all the suggestions on this forum and I can't get rid of this "Conflicting changes" notebook.

It hi-lites, but there are no options available to delete. I even tried to drag and drop it into the trash. HELP!

#7 Adjusting

Adjusting

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

I followed all the suggestions on this forum and I can't get rid of this "Conflicting changes" notebook.

It hi-lites, but there are no options available to delete. I even tried to drag and drop it into the trash. HELP!

As I mentioned in your other post on this topic, you can delete a notebook by control-clicking on it (either in the sidebar or in the notebooks list) and then selecting 'Delete Notebook…'

If this doesn't work, please let me know which part of it is not working:

Are you not able to control-click on the notebook?

Is the 'Delete Notebook…' not present in the context menu?

Is the 'Delete Notebook…' menu item disabled?

Are you able to select the menu item, but the confirmation dialog doesn't appear?

Does the confirmation dialog appear, but the Delete button is disabled?

Can you click on the Delete button, but then nothing happens?

Something else?

#8 David D.

David D.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

I found these steps worked to delete an EverNote Notebook. On your MacBook, open Evernote and do the following:

1. In the Evernote sidebar, click Notebooks--it can be in List View or Grid View.
  2. Hold the CONTROL key down then click the Notebook to be deleted-I assume you have already moved any notes to a different Notebook.
  3. When the pop-up menu appears, there will be an option listed as "Delete Notebook..."
  4. Click "Delete Notebook...: and the Notebook will be removed 

#9 BF2014

BF2014

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I'm having this same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions on this thread to no avail. I'm using the very latest version of Evernote v. 5.4.5. Right -clicking on my Mac (with any combo of Option, Control, Shift, Command) gives me a menu but the "Delete Notebook" option is greyed out. And, as far as I can tell, there is NO way to delete anything from my iPhone or iPad. Grrr. This is a pretty major flaw. Not impressed with the usability with my first few days on Evernote.....

#10 Adjusting

Adjusting

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Mac:

The only time I've seen 'Delete Notebook' greyed out is when I only have one notebook. Are you seeing this behaviour with all your notebooks, or just certain ones?

iOS:

To delete a note book, go to the notebooks view, tap the Edit button at the top of the screen, tap the minus button next to the notebook you want to delete, then confirm.

#11 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Mac:

The only time I've seen 'Delete Notebook' greyed out is when I only have one notebook. Are you seeing this behaviour with all your notebooks, or just certain ones?

iOS:

To delete a note book, go to the notebooks view, tap the Edit button at the top of the screen, tap the minus button next to the notebook you want to delete, then confirm.

To clarify...last I knew, you need at least one SYNC'd notebook.  So if you're using the Mac desktop client & trying to delete the only sync'd notebook, I don't think you'll be able to do it.

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote