Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows Phone

Evernote for Windows Phone v3.0 beta 1

evernote

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hi All,

We've started working on a v3.0 of Evernote for Windows Phone, and here is the first beta.
It includes a first exploration with a new homescreen, checkboxes support and notebook stacks.
Please give it a try and let us know here any problem you may have.

Thanks,
Xavier.

FEATURES

Homescreen
The app starts on a home screen for a faster launch and a simplified access to the main features of the app.
This is still work in progress...

Checkbox support
Edit check boxes in the editor. Open the menu and select the "checkbox" option.

Notebook stacks
Collapse and open the notebook stacks for a more compact navigation
Long tap a stack to see all the notes in there.

Known issues
Focus problem on windows 8 with Checkboxes.
When you tap <enter> after the first checkbox the focus will be placed before the checkbox.
As a work around, you can create a series of checkboxes, and then select each one to enter the correct text.

To download, select this link on your phone (registered beta users only):

http://www.windowsph...51-3c93d54a7b98

--

To report a crash, follow the following steps:
- from the main level (notes) tap "…" on the bottom right hand corner, select "About Evernote".
- select "Email Evernote activity log", select the email app to use and send the report to the indicated address.

To sign up to the beta program, please send me a private message stating:
- windows live ID
- preferred email address to be notified (I will use the windows live ID if not indicated)

About the beta app, this app will install in addition to any previous betas, and the official marketplace Evernote App. It is installed as totally separate app with its own data.

#2 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

It was hard enough dealing with my phone being out of hand for repairs . . . then you announce another beta and I'm doubly anxious to get it back. Finally have it in hand and this looks great. Initial reaction is I love the new start screen+quick start.

#3 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

After a little real world use, I really love how much faster the app starts. I have a few issues though.

Where have the settings gone? I cannot find them -- as such I can't figure out how to download my notebooks, enable location, pin quick actions etc.

Not being able to download my notebooks made using the app really challenging while I was doing my grocery shopping today (at best, I get 1 bar in the store). Even though I'd viewed the note on my phone just minutes before and expected it to be cached, when I went to open it I got a connection error. Eventually I managed to get it open but the whole trip was connection error after connection error. Each time I'd open the lock screen to my shopping list note, connection error. I'd have to back out of the note and tap into it again to see it. Some times it would take me in, some times it would just throw another connection error. Same thing when trying to check of list items--connection errors. I'd really like to see the app perform more gracefully in low/no signal situations.

#4 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ok, so I now have two Evernotes installed and one Evernote Beta installed (one Evernote is left from a previous beta - I guess I can delete it?)
Will test it some more :)

allen,

Tap your username on the home screen. This should take you to the settings menu. (from where you can swipe between the different menu options.

I will follow your thoughts here, I only (sort of) knew how that was the case, because that seems to be the way that other clients are moving towards accessing settings.
It is not intuitive nor obvious (to anyone really) that this is the way to get to the settings, hopefully this can be changed to make it a little more obvious.

#5 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Thanks Allen and Scott, 

I agree with you, settings is hard to find. We will keep the entry point in the menu in the next version or add a little setting icon on the right. 

The last beta of the previous version was renamed Evernote, you can probably get rid of it. 

I would recommend anyone to keep also the market release on their phone so you still have a stable version of the app when necessary. 

#6 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Little thing that I just haven't gotten used to... the sync button. I expect this to look like the refresh button used in most apps on the platform--the two arrows chasing each other in a circle. The check mark currently in use is what I'd expect to confirm/close a dialog.

#7 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

This button is a placeholder for now, not the final design. 

You should have soon the arrow. 

Thanks. 

#8 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Love the new interface, and the ability to edit more notes. However, a couple of things.

1. When editing a note on my Nokia Lumia the title of the note takes up a large chunk of the screen, and then the onscreen keyboard takes up most of the rest. It would be nice if the size of the title could be reduced to the body text size so that more of the body could be seen at one stage. I presume there is nothing devs can do about the onscreen keyboard - that's a Microsoft thing, I guess?

2. When adding tags, I get that I can insert tags by typing into the text box. The list scrolls down so that I can find the right tag if already there. Check off the tag I want. How do I delete the text I entered? Would be nice to have a "clear" button. Then also have a list of the tags that I have actually entered visible somewhere on the screen.

Other than that, keep on with the changes suggested above.

#9 rimboma

rimboma

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Can anyone post some sshots or photos at least. I got approved for the beta program but only for the upcoming release.

#10 Ah_Fan

Ah_Fan

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hi,

since you just join our beta program, we will send you email when the next beta is available (which should be soon). You can PM me and I will try to address your question/issue

Thanks

AH Fan

Evernote team

#11 rimboma

rimboma

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'd like to know if a view is available that shows notes tags along their names. Such view is available in Android app. No such view forces me to duplicate tags in note names.

#12 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but if the initial sync is interrupted the app will not resume. It just crashes on launch, requiring full uninstall. I've reproduced this a couple times... it's too easy to bump the home or search button while putting my phone down.

#13 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Allen, we'll have a look at this crash. 

On what screen are you when you hit the home or search button? 

Rimboma, 

Such view is not available yet in beta, but it is on the backlog. 

#14 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

The "First Run" screen (had to resync everything after password reset)

#15 rimboma

rimboma

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but if the initial sync is interrupted the app will not resume. It just crashes on launch, requiring full uninstall. I've reproduced this a couple times... it's too easy to bump the home or search button while putting my phone down.

I've interrupted the sync process at least 3 times on 2 different installs recently and I've never had such problem. Lumia 900, WP 7.8.

Rimboma, 

Such view is not available yet in beta, but it is on the backlog. 

Thank you for the information! I hope it lands ASAP. Thankfully I mostly access my notes on desktop where tags are easily visible. If my WP device was my main device for accessing my E notes it would really be a chore to put redundant descriptions in notes names all the time.

#16 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I've interrupted the sync process at least 3 times on 2 different installs recently and I've never had such problem. Lumia 900, WP 7.8.

I think this was introduced in the beta version, as I'm pretty sure that's when this problem started as opposed to when I moved to WP 8

#17 RuiOrey

RuiOrey

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Caching the notes for offline access would be great

#18 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Caching the notes for offline access would be great

Premium members can sync entire folders for offline access. Either way, I believe notes are cached when opened on the phone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows phone, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote