Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

How to access Evernote API in Firefox/Chrome extensions

firefox chrome extensions api javascript

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pknerd

pknerd

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hi Folks

I am willing to fiddle with Evernote API and use it Chrome/FF extensions. What I learnt that so far no JS API available which makes me to think to make a middle tier service in php/python and let my extension to access Evernote via that service.

The place where I am confused is authentication. How do I make a user to authenticate with Evernote from a browser extension? If it;s showing a html static page which then redirects to EverNote Login Page and store access token etc at server side. How will my extension remember logged In details and make calls to service and create/retrieve notes in my Chrome extension.

The workflow of App is following:
  • User will be able to login on Evernote via Extension(by accessing page of Logging).
  • After successful logging notes will be retrieved via middle tier service in Chrome Extension via Ajax Request.
  • USer can then post note via AJAX call to service which will then eventually store in Evernote via its API

Please guide me.

#2 Julien Boedec

Julien Boedec

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

We don't have any official JS library but we have a third party developer that created the bindings for the community.

#3 tokentoken

tokentoken

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi,

I found JavaScript API here.

http://dev.evernote.com/intl/jp/doc/

So you finally released official JavaScript library few months ago, right?

#4 Kentaro

Kentaro

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Yes, you can download it from Github or npm.

https://github.com/e...evernote-sdk-js

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote