Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

When will android get 2.0?

hello

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gomsoop

gomsoop

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

I really wish android's hello gets the 2.0 hello version.
I actually sent a tip about "QR biz card" option for sharing contacts that I want to share, but I guess Evernote team already had in mind by different ways to share.
It's a bit disappoint that Evernote is always supportive to iOS first. However, in 2013 I hope they realize that there are more Android users now in the world.
I wish they release the new version in same date with different platforms..
That's my wish :(

#2 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the note--we put a ton of thought into the different ways you can share contact info, and the business card and Connect functionality (in addition to more traditional methods of gathering contact info) really turned out to be the most powerful and really, fun and easy to use.

As far as the platform wars are concerned, we don't really put our chips into one corner or the other, it just depends on the details on the ground. Sometimes Android comes first, actually. For example, when Skitch joined the family, we released an Android version first. It just depends on a bunch of different factors, including available resources, manpower and where the various teams are in their product life cycles. Since all the various teams work independently, they tend to play off of one another, testing out new features, breaking new ground, and also working within the boundaries of the platform to make the best app for that platform. We do this to ensure that the latest and greatest is always made available as soon as possible on the platform it can be made on, without having to wait for another app or version to "catch up". While this does have its downsides (users on one platform have to wait for the next release) it also has plenty of upside: if you're the one who gets it first, you get it faster. If you're the version that gets it later, you're getting an app that has already had a chance to mature on another platform, with possibly better features and design coming down the pipeline thanks to lessons learned.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Everything that Geoffrey said. :)

Rest assured the same features are coming to Android.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#4 Baptiste

Baptiste

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hi guys!
Great to hear all the hard work you put in the making of those apps!
Can you give us a little bit of a hint on how long will have to wait for the android app to be released?
Should we count in days, weeks or months?

Depending on the wait I'll wait a bit longer or opt for a temporary solution :-)

Cheers

#5 Fred_Bassett

Fred_Bassett

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

any updates on when us android users will get the 2.0? I really need that BC scan sooner rather than later

#6 JeSTeR7

JeSTeR7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm also very interested in version 2.0 coming out for Android.  Clearly you cannot lock down an exact date, but a timeline would really be helpful.  If it's going to be another year, I'll have to find an alternate solution in the meantime.

#7 Fred_Bassett

Fred_Bassett

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

yeah like is it going to be 3months, 6 or 2014.. if its up to 6 months i can live with it but any more and thats disapointing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, hello

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote