(Archived) Pdf attachment rejected as a "a potentially executable attachment"

nitmd

A thunderbird attachment comes in as an .eml file. Apparently outlook generates these and other problematic attachments. I take the page and print it to pdf. Evernote still rejects it with the above error. How can a pdf be potentially executable and how do I fix it?

A thunderbird attachment comes in as an .eml file. Apparently outlook generates these and other problematic attachments. I take the page and print it to pdf. Evernote still rejects it with the above error. How can a pdf be potentially executable and how do I fix it?

If you Google this, it appears to be a problem with Thunderbrd, as many others, over many years have complained about this message when sending/forwarding emails to other people, not just to Evernote.

You may find thread helpful:

https://webnethosting.net/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/163/10/messages-are-being-bounced-because-of-attachments-ending-in-eml

Yes I read the link, and perhaps the confusion is in my original statement. I have taken the attachment and printed it to a pdf. There is no longer anything having to do with an eml. The attachment, as a pdf, if rejected by Evernote. I have the pdf files on a different machine; I will see if the inline option mentioned in that article is the setting used on that machine, but I don't know why it would matter. There is no .eml attachment to cause the problem, and I don't see how the problem can survive the conversion to a pdf. I am apparently missing something here.

Yes I read the link, and perhaps the confusion is in my original statement. I have taken the attachment and printed it to a pdf. There is no longer anything having to do with an eml. The attachment, as a pdf, if rejected by Evernote. I have the pdf files on a different machine; I will see if the inline option mentioned in that article is the setting used on that machine, but I don't know why it would matter. There is no .eml attachment to cause the problem, and I don't see how the problem can survive the conversion to a pdf. I am apparently missing something here.

I'm aware of what you did - print to PDF. However, the link demonstrates a way to avoid the initial problem without having to print to PDF & simply forwarding the email inline - not as an attachment. Why add an extra step, if you don't have to?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived