Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Pdf attachment rejected as a "a potentially executable attachment"

evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nitmd

nitmd

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

A thunderbird attachment comes in as an .eml file. Apparently outlook generates these and other problematic attachments. I take the page and print it to pdf. Evernote still rejects it with the above error. How can a pdf be potentially executable and how do I fix it?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,169 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

A thunderbird attachment comes in as an .eml file. Apparently outlook generates these and other problematic attachments. I take the page and print it to pdf. Evernote still rejects it with the above error. How can a pdf be potentially executable and how do I fix it?

If you Google this, it appears to be a problem with Thunderbrd, as many others, over many years have complained about this message when sending/forwarding emails to other people, not just to Evernote.

You may find thread helpful:

https://webnethostin...s-ending-in-eml
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 nitmd

nitmd

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I am aware of the problem with eml files. That's why it is printed to a pdf before being sent to evernote. It is the pdf that is rejected.

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,169 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

I am aware of the problem with eml files. That's why it is printed to a pdf before being sent to evernote. It is the pdf that is rejected.

Did you read the link I posted...???

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 nitmd

nitmd

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yes I read the link, and perhaps the confusion is in my original statement. I have taken the attachment and printed it to a pdf. There is no longer anything having to do with an eml. The attachment, as a pdf, if rejected by Evernote. I have the pdf files on a different machine; I will see if the inline option mentioned in that article is the setting used on that machine, but I don't know why it would matter. There is no .eml attachment to cause the problem, and I don't see how the problem can survive the conversion to a pdf. I am apparently missing something here.

#6 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,169 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yes I read the link, and perhaps the confusion is in my original statement. I have taken the attachment and printed it to a pdf. There is no longer anything having to do with an eml. The attachment, as a pdf, if rejected by Evernote. I have the pdf files on a different machine; I will see if the inline option mentioned in that article is the setting used on that machine, but I don't know why it would matter. There is no .eml attachment to cause the problem, and I don't see how the problem can survive the conversion to a pdf. I am apparently missing something here.

I'm aware of what you did - print to PDF. However, the link demonstrates a way to avoid the initial problem without having to print to PDF & simply forwarding the email inline - not as an attachment. Why add an extra step, if you don't have to?

#7 nitmd

nitmd

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Checked settings, I am set to send inline, as the article suggests. No luck. No idea what is going on.

#8 RedBug

RedBug

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Try to use DropCircle:
You could drag and drop your mail (in .eml format) to DropCircle and you have a true note in Evernote with all the image embedded.

DropCircle: The easiest and best way to insert files, mail, rss, ... into your Evernote account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote