Scandrop gone?

I have been using scandrop to scan directly into Evernote without saving an additional copy of the PDF on my pc. It was super simple to use.

I went to run it today & it no longer loads on my pc. It says it has timed out or something like that & never opens. I searched around & it seems they may have discontinued the windows version & only offers mac version now.

Any other similar option to scan into evernote using my neat scanner?

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

The fine folks at office drop did something to my account to make it start working again, but then last week it would no longer sign in. I just tried their service that they now offer . You scan to them then they send it to evernote. It worked but its kind of redundant. 

If there are no other option I suppose Ill try the doxie scanner but I hate to spend another $200 for a new scanner

The fine folks at office drop did something to my account to make it start working again, but then last week it would no longer sign in. I just tried their service that they now offer . You scan to them then they send it to evernote. It worked but its kind of redundant. 

If there are no other option I suppose Ill try the doxie scanner but I hate to spend another $200 for a new scanner

Just use ScanSnap, you can't go wrong. It will do anything with paper you can think of and then more! I use it with Evernote everyday. No paper in my house!

Regards,

David in Wichita

Thanks for recommendation David. 

Does scansnap use its own software? The best part about scandrop was that it did require me to scan to my hard drive then upload to evernote. I could save to hd if I wanted but I could also chose to send directly to the cloud storage.

Is that how scansnap works?

@jwalter007,

It uses it's own software.  It can be directed to deposit the scan a number of places.  But it's a bit of a hassle to change it frequently.

For your use, probably send to a folder, with close proximity to an Evernote import folder.  Sort the scans from the receiving folder to the appropriate folder, or the import folder.

Regards,

Gary

• 1 month later...

I received the following related feedback from ScanDrop technical support:

Hi,

I'm pasting you a response that I sent out to some of the other people who are experiencing this right now:

Hi there,

Thank you for being so patient about the ScanDrop Evernote issue. Just to give you an update, we have contacted Evernote for the information we need to fix the ScanDrop authentication with Evernote and have not received any response yet. Once we get that information, we will fix ScanDrop and resubmit the build to the Mac App Store. Their approval process can be as fast as several days, to a couple of weeks, depending on their backlog. We apologize for the delay, however much of this process is out of our hands.
Mimi | OfficeDrop Customer Experience

In the meantime, I'm using the following workaround:  Use ScanDrop's scan to mail option as your cloud service.  Once the scan is complete and the email window appears, send it to your Evernote email address.  I created a clean notebook to accept the emailed Evernotes and then I just drag and drop them in the correct notebooks as needed from the Evernote application.  Hope this helps for now.  R

OfficeDrop is DEAD !

I received this email message today :

"We sincerely thank all of you for being a big supporter and user of OfficeDrop over the last five years. We know that many of you have come to depend on OfficeDrop to store and share your files in the cloud. Regrettably, we will not be able to offer OfficeDrop as a standalone service anymore and will be discontinuing it permanently as of May 5th, 2013."

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent News!!! We are back up and running!!!

Mimi replied:

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for how long this update for ScanDrop has taken. The new build is under review with the App Store right now, so to expedite things, I am sending you a direct download link to the latest build. 

This build should address the main issue which is DropBox integration. 

http://downloads.officedrop.com/downloads/scandropmac/1.1.1/ScanDrop.zip
Mimi | OfficeDrop Customer Experience 
For help using OfficeDrop, go to http://support.officedrop.com
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They are gone, aren't they? ScanDrop keeps crashing on me everythime I attempt to scan something. I've tried to contact officedrop support and their system keeps returning my emails. Also, I've contacted Apple (I got Scandrop onthe  Mac App Store) and they refuse to do anything about this... I think that ScanDrop is not friends with ML 10.8.4... Can anybody else confirm it? Could anybody provide an alternative to ScanDrop?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, it looks like they're gone. My scandrop also crashes when I scan anything > 1 page long. I really miss it, and have not been able to find an alternative to scan, process, destination. I tried devonthink but its slow & overkill. Please post if you find anything!

• 5 months later...

Archived