Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Hello 2.0 for iPhone

hello

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hi Martin & NeuroCM,

Sorry about that.  That is a bug that randomly occurs.  No one is stalking you and we aren't trying to share info across vast distances.  

We didn't catch this until after we submitted to the App store.  We have a fix in the next release that is in review with Apple now.  With the fix, you should only see that notification when you are really in a physical group of people that are actively trying to use Hello Connect to share information.  

Just to make things clear, Evernote Hello is *NOT* a social network or a location based discovery tool for strangers.  It is an app to help you capture and recall everything about people you meet in the same vein as Evernote is the tool that helps you capture and recall general information (notes, pictures, articles, etc).  We will use social networks and other online data to enhance the information about the people you meet but will not automatically upload or share anything to your networks.  You can read more about how we access and use the data on your devices here.

We take your data and your privacy very seriously and would never expose either without your permissions or knowledge.  

You also should not let being a free user stop you from accessing technical support or other resources we have to help you get the most out of any of Evernote's apps.  As a product manager, I get weekly reports on Customer Support requests and am on the forums almost daily.  Our support team is top notch and will usually respond to emails and tickets within a few days.   

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#22 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

@mcheng Thanks! And actually I've not encountered the problem @NeuroCM is reporting.

#23 NeuroCM

NeuroCM

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Thanks mcheng!  I'll happily look for the update.  I came across Evernote quite a while ago, but at that time it wasn't really something I needed. However, your suite of products is winding its way into my needs and my pocketbook.  I'll be a premium member soon.  I'm being sure I'll actually use it.  By the way, your monthly fee is very reasonable and certainly encourages me to make the jump.  

Thanks again!

#24 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum before, but how do you turn off the flash to scan business cards? Many come washed out.

Beyond that, the new features are amazing! Thanks for the hard work and especially thank you for listen to your community.

Please check the tips in this post      TIP: Tips on Scanning Business Cards    

We actually turn on the Flash to help get more consistent lighting on the card and to help you see where glare would wash out the info on glossy cards.   It was our hope that this would be more of a benefit than an annoyance.  Give it a try with this in mind.  If you guys feel it is more problematic than helpful we can address.  

Thanks for the feedback.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#25 moedym

moedym

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

I love Evernote Hello, but why can't I select an email address when adding a contact from my Contacts List.  Currently it seems to prefer the junky "Facebook email" address and I would like to be able to choose the proper email address for the contact.  I have Facebook and LinkedIn connected.

#26 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hello moedym,

We don't explicitly select the Facebook.com email address to display on the overview page.  In fact  when you add from your Contacts, we suck in all the information we support currently (emails, phones, name, picture and twitter handles) and then use this to look up the person on LinkedIn and Facebook.  If you haven't discovered the contact details page of Hello, see these screens here.  

However the way that your data is ordered in your contact may be determining which email address shows up in the contact overview page.  If you wouldn't mind, would you describe how your emails and other information are ordered with respect to the Facebook.com email address?  I'd like to try to reproduce this in-house and see if we can provide a fix if it will fit in the next release.

Thanks.

// Martin

#27 moedym

moedym

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

In my case, it does not seem to be sucking that info in.  To reproduce:

I have both LinkedIn and Facebook authorized.

I added a meeting.

I "added from contacts"

The person I added has a cellphone, several email addresses and is a Facebook friend.  Evernote Hello detected the facebook email first (not listed at the top in my contacts), did not add the cellphone.  Hitting the contact details button shows the find on Facebook button.  If I hit that, it shows "no results" after a search.

#28 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi moedym,

I'll have our QA team look into this use case to see why we didn't pick up the cellphone.  By the way, what was the label for the cellphone in your Contacts (ie. work, mobile, home, home fax ...etc)?

Hitting the contact details button shows the find on Facebook button.  If I hit that, it shows "no results" after a search.

This may be due to your friends Facebook privacy settings.  When you login to Facebook you are authorizing Hello to use Facebook's APIs but we don't do anything like post or look at your friends so the fact that your friend is a "Facebook Friend" doesn't mean that we will be able to find their FB profile.  Because of the privacy scares, some people have really locked down their FB accounts so that they can't even be found via search by name.  

#29 moedym

moedym

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

The field was "mobile"

One other thing, while I have your ear:  a lot of times, I want to enter a meeting just after I have met a person.  I have traveled a little bit from where I was and now want to remember it.  The method for changing location and time is somewhat onerous...it isn't easy to drag the pin from Brooklyn to Manhattan, as an example, and then drop it in the proper place if you don't know the street address.  Maybe there's a way for the address field to fill in based on the Foursquare search data?  If I know the name of the place I met the person, couldn't that fill in the address instead of putting the address in to find the place?

#30 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hi moedym,

Actually this is puzzling me since I thought the location picker was quite powerful but it seems that many people like you find it limiting and confusing.  If you don't mind I"d like to continue this conversation privately to get more insight into how you see the functionality of the location picker.  

#31 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

@mcheng It's a distant memory now but I had a meeting in our Silicon Valley Lab (South of San Jose). A week later I wanted to scan in my colleagues' business cards in South Oxfordshire, UK. I remember it being really difficult to relocate the time and date back to SVL and the day we met.

I don't have details - as this was early February - but I just remember it being difficult.

It sounds like @moedym's use case was quite similar.

If you can walk through the process of time/place shifting something might occur to you.

#32 daveinseak

daveinseak

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Great work on Hello 2.0.  Scanning in business cards is a great way to capture contact information but it would be nice to be able to edit from my computer.  Is that functionality in the works?  (Thanks!)

#33 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yes we are looking into this now. Stay tuned.

#34 kcope

kcope

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm new to Evernote Hello but think it could be extremely helpful if I can get one issue figured out. I have a lot of customer prospects already loaded in my IOS contacts but some of the data fields aren't complete because I may not know some of their information such as fax number, email address, etc.When I meet those contacts for the first time, I've been scanning their business cards with Hello but instead of merging the Hello info with the existing contact, it's creating 2 seperate contacts within my IOS contacts. Each contact has different information. I must be doing something wrong because without the ability for Hello to recognize that there is an existing IOS contact and merging the data, the app is only creating a mess of my contacts data. Please help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote