Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Encrypted text hard to read - light gray

evernote encryption

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eandresen

eandresen

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Not sure what version this creeped in, but currently encrypted text is light gray on iPhone after revealing with password. Very hard to read in the sun. If there is a way to change it, I have not been able to find it. Please help.

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,153 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Backlit devices are hard to read in the sun anyway. My guess is they have it a lighter color so you know what text is encrypted & what is not.

Having said that, IMO, I prefer to use a true password manager for anything that needs to be encrypted. The right tool for the job & all that.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Not sure what version this creeped in, but currently encrypted text is light gray on iPhone after revealing with password. Very hard to read in the sun. If there is a way to change it, I have not been able to find it. Please help.

There is no way to change it (that I know of), and I think it crept in last September or so. I am not keen on light-colored text, as the Mac developers know by now :)

I have no more encrypted notes myself these days. BNF is right about passwords, but we also cannot edit encrypted passages on our iOS devices, and since I work primarily on these, it kind of made sense to stop using encryption.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote, encryption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote