Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Evernote 5.0.5

evernote

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hi everyone,

We just shipped a wonderful update. Details are below with some highlights for various forum users (you know who you are). Get it here! http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac

Hope you like it!

New Features
- Shortcuts are synced with your Evernote account
- Searches can be scoped to "My Notes" which excludes shared Notes
- Business users can scope searches to "Personal Notes" or "Business Notes"
- Notes clipped using Evernote Clearly are beautifully styled
- AppleScript can create checkboxes in ENML
- In Expanded Card View, pressing Return opens Notes
- New button to jump to a Note's Notebook from the Note Editor
- Command-click to multi-select Tags in the Sidebar

Other improvements
- Large accounts sync much more reliably
- Tags from Joined Notebooks now appear correctly
- Corrected image and link pasting issues
- PDF printing is more reliable
- Fixed Snow Leopard Sidebar visual glitches
- Fixed crash when taking screenshots
- Korean image indexing is greatly improved
- Reduced CPU/memory usage
- Fixes to Saved Searches
- Various fixes for Evernote Business
- Improved handling of Tags in AppleScript

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

BUG: Randomly Opening New Window
When editing a note in OSX 10.8.2 on a 2012 Macbook Air using Evernote Version 5.0.5 (400808), one of the notes I was editing suddenly and inexplicably opened up in a new window.Did I press something wrong? If so, what could it have been?
https://www.evernote...432fa831e09989f

#3 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,506 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

No idea what that is. Is it happening often?

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#4 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Weird, right? Even if my chubby palms hit the trackpad area, it wouldn't produce that, so it was kind of a surprise. It only happened once. I haven't had it downloaded very long, so not many opportunities to produce it, though. I'll keep an eye on it.

#5 yikeouch

yikeouch

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Weird, right? Even if my chubby palms hit the trackpad area, it wouldn't produce that, so it was kind of a surprise. It only happened once. I haven't had it downloaded very long, so not many opportunities to produce it, though. I'll keep an eye on it.

It happened several times on my mba 2011 with mountain lion. But it's on evernote 5.04.
And evernote hang after the new window open. I forgot to report.

#6 iNik

iNik

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

- AppleScript can create checkboxes in ENML

How? I can't seem to get this to work, given that ENML is read-only.

#7 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

BUG: Notes Disappearing
- Notes still disappear while editing. Is there any way to work around this? Why is this happening?
https://www.evernote...432fa831e09989f

#8 TeflonFong

TeflonFong

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Links are still not working in this update, whenever you copy/paste a URL it displays as plain text instead of a link (http://discussion.ev...cally-in-notes/)

#9 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

Links are still not working in this update, whenever you copy/paste a URL it displays as plain text instead of a link (http://discussion.ev...cally-in-notes/)

They are working fine for me...

#10 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

BUG: Carriage Return After an Image
- If I have three or four images on top of one another, with no lines in-between, then hitting a carriage return on the top one will take me down to the bottom of the note. If I drag the second image out of the column of images and put it next to another one, for example, then I can hit enter just fine. How did this (admittedly) rare use case come up? I took a bunch of screen shots and dragged them all at once into a note. You probably wouldn't notice the bug if you were only working with one image at a time.

#11 TeflonFong

TeflonFong

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Not for me :(

#12 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Not for me :( http://youtu.be/n048wxhGFJs

Thanks for the video! That makes it very clear, and I followed the exact same steps, even down to making a new note with list view. I had no problem at all. So, I thought maybe it has something to do with the browser, and I tried it with Safari (I don't have Firefox installed). Guess what --- it didn't work. I think this bug has something to do with which browser you are using to copy/paste the link. I know. Weird, right? But, that's what I am seeing on my end. Give a try to Chrome and I bet it will work for you :)

Obviously, this is a bug, and "use Chrome" is not a fix, but it is a workaround for now.

#13 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

BUG: Searches not Working
I am embarrassed to say it, but I don't understand what is wrong with my searches. Just now, I searched for (intitle:listening podcasts). That should have returned a few dozen notes, but it says 9,185 -- all of my notes. OK. I press CMD+R to clear the filters (right?), and try again. Now it says 0. This has actually been a problem for a while, but I figured it had something to do with me, and I kept putting off reporting it, because I wanted to spend some time going through all the steps. I don't think it is me after all, because I use Windows a lot, and never run into this. I can't remember one time I have gotten 0 on a search.

I am kind of suspecting this might have something to do with that bug I reported about the disappearing notes (https://www.evernote...ef11c1977479494). Is it possible that something in the program is looking at the search field at certain intervals, and somehow applying something in the background that we don't know about, and that is suddenly making all of my notes stop matching (in the case of the disappearing notes) or making the searches fail (in the case of this bug)? Please do reconsider bringing back the search explanations :)

#14 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

BUG(S): Clear Button Broken
I am calling this a broken "Clear" button, but there is just a whole lot of weird stuff going on. I have not typed a single word into the search field, but all of the stuff below is happening.

(1) The Clear Button is not working (CMD + R also failing)
(2) Evernote is searching in my notes for "podcast" even though the search field ought to be clear
(3) A note in another window is mysteriously hiding behind the Evernote main window (where did that come from?)
(4) When I closed and then re-opened Evernote, it shows the all-too familiar "0 Notes" screen
(5) I had to quit Evernote and try again, because nothing would work, and now it wants me to login (why?)
(6) Now it is still looking for podcasts. The good news is that the search is actually in the search field (the one I reported as failing in the previous post), and now it is returning the correct results, but...
(7) A few seconds later I am now back at #4 with 0 Notes...

I think I am just going to uninstall and try again, because something terrible is happening, and I have to move on with my work! I'll use my Windows install to upload everything in a second, and I'll post a link to the screenshots.

[EDIT 1:] I crashed my Windows install. What is going on? Well, that could have something to do with Parallels or another factor. Let's hope it is not just my account...

[EDIT 2:] Screenshots http://www.evernote....cd7e0a7eb91c305

#15 trumpetg

trumpetg

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

1. As others have noted: links pasted from Safari are still not activating and remain plain text.

2. As I, and others, have noted several times with earlier versions of EN 5: individual tags are not highlighted in the sidebar when selected. PLEASE can you fix this?

#16 trumpetg

trumpetg

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

3. Command-clicking multiple tags in the sidebar results in a blank note pane for me. No notes show up.

#17 TeflonFong

TeflonFong

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Not for me :( http://youtu.be/n048wxhGFJs

Thanks for the video! That makes it very clear, and I followed the exact same steps, even down to making a new note with list view. I had no problem at all. So, I thought maybe it has something to do with the browser, and I tried it with Safari (I don't have Firefox installed). Guess what --- it didn't work. I think this bug has something to do with which browser you are using to copy/paste the link. I know. Weird, right? But, that's what I am seeing on my end. Give a try to Chrome and I bet it will work for you :)

Obviously, this is a bug, and "use Chrome" is not a fix, but it is a workaround for now.

Yes, thanks - it works in Chrome for me too! Need to get FF and Safari working - very strange as it wasn't an issue in previous versions of Evernote.

#18 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,506 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

@GM, I'm not able to reproduce any searching-related issues like that. Also, what is CMD-R?

@trumpet, links are getting looked at again. If you cmd-click several tags and no notes show up, it means that no notes are tagged with those two tags.

#19 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

@GM, I'm not able to reproduce any searching-related issues like that. Also, what is CMD-R?

@trumpet, links are getting looked at again. If you cmd-click several tags and no notes show up, it means that no notes are tagged with those two tags.

I hope I won't be able to reproduce those problems either! However, I have seen some before, so I will probably see them again. As you can see in the screenshots, there is clearly something going wrong -- nothing in the search field, but my notes being filtered. As for Command + R, isn't this the command to clear the search? If not, then I am deeply confused! Well, my initial sync will be finishing soon -- my notes are all downloaded and processing, so I should be up and running again on the Mac this afternoon.

#20 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Disappearing notes again. I am getting the correct results, and then 0 notes again while editing notes. I must admit that I am ignorant about the meaning of "processing," so that might be affecting things, but this is basically the same pattern I have seen before, when it was finished processing.
https://www.evernote...cd7e0a7eb91c305

[EDIT:] See the screenshot at the bottom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote