(Archived) Benefits of Evernote Business vs Premium

I have been using Evernote Business for a few days now with my small team inside a large company.

So far, my understanding is that the main differences with ENB vs Premium are:

- You get the related notes preview when making new notes

- Billing is centralized

- You get the benefit of the Business Library which makes sharing really easy

- You don't really own any thing in your Business Notebooks (if you leave the company, you lose access)

If you were a group of Premium users that decided to use Evernote for work, the differences would be: you lose the related notes preview, you don't get the Business Library... but you get to keep the data forever.

Based on that, I can see why a business owner or IT admin would clearly want anyone using ENB instead of personal accounts, but as a group of employees using Evernote for work I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost, centralized billing, and admin responsibilities being centralized, rather than spread across each users with their Premium accounts.

I really like ENB so far, just wondering what others are thinking, who aren't business owners or IT admins within a large company.

• Level 5*

I have been using Evernote Business for a few days now with my small team inside a large company.

So far, my understanding is that the main differences with ENB vs Premium are:

- You get the related notes preview when making new notes

- Billing is centralized

- You get the benefit of the Business Library which makes sharing really easy

- You don't really own any thing in your Business Notebooks (if you leave the company, you lose access)

If you were a group of Premium users that decided to use Evernote for work, the differences would be: you lose the related notes preview, you don't get the Business Library... but you get to keep the data forever.

Based on that, I can see why a business owner or IT admin would clearly want anyone using ENB instead of personal accounts, but as a group of employees using Evernote for work I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost, centralized billing, and admin responsibilities being centralized, rather than spread across each users with their Premium accounts.

I really like ENB so far, just wondering what others are thinking, who aren't business owners or IT admins within a large company.

As far as I know, related notes are a Premium feature, and not restricted to Business users (http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/12/12/evernote-for-mac-updated-with-new-premium-related-notes-and-usability-improvements/).

• Level 5*

As far as I know, related notes are a Premium feature, and not restricted to Business users (http://blog.evernote...y-improvements/).

+1 for everyone on the team just using Premium

There is certainly nothing wrong with using just Premium, and I'd say you want to pick the plan that best fits your particular circumstances. There are a few nice things about Business like larger upload amounts and the Business Library that would be nice from the perspective of employees. I think the target audience, though, is probably a more centralized entity like a business or some other kind of organization that wants to retain an institutional memory.

Makes sense. I think we'll stick with Business for now.

Feels like the right thing to do, rather than choosing an approach that would allow us to keep internal information if we left... even though I am the admin... guess I would have to pass that torch if I left.

As a small company that took the decision to go for Business, I am very pleased I did.

I find the simple way that it works between us is easier than running two separate copies under premium. Unfortunately I find it hard to explain that in detail.

The link is seamless and support from Evernote is simpler.

The extra upload ability is handy, but maybe not entirely necessary.

As to being able to remove someone who looses their 'Business' data to the company, it is just that. The businesses data. The individual can keep their own personal data.

Of course it would be nice to have a lower price, but to be honest I think it is a small price to pay. Particularly for the incredible support that they are giving to the 'Business' customers. That alone means it is worth upgrading.

Sorry I cannot be any more helpful with some decent 'factual' statements. But for me this is a no brainer and I just love it. If I think of anything when I am not so tired I will pop back on here!

Best regards

Chris

Thanks for the thoughts, Chris.

Someone also pointed out to me that "- You don't really own any thing in your Business Notebooks (if you leave the company, you lose access)" is only one side of the coin. The other way to look at it is that the business does not lose access to the data if you leave. This view is just, if not more, correct.

If I move to a new department in my big company and I don't want to share notebooks with my old team anymore, that will be ok, because the business notebooks stay with them. If I were a premium user, then I would have to keep sharing those notebooks out indefinitely or my team would lose access to the data.

Someone also pointed out to me that "- You don't really own any thing in your Business Notebooks (if you leave the company, you lose access)" is only one side of the coin. The other way to look at it is that the business does not lose access to the data if you leave. This view is just, if not more, correct.

Exactly right. This is one of the strengths of the business version. If the original person who set everything up leaves, the company still has all the data.

In my case, this is not an issue as I am the owner of my own business, but for bigger companies, this is the best way to go.

• 9 months later...

I have been a EN premium user for several years now, I am trying to get more of my team on it. Right now I am having my boss and another member of the team (who is working on the same project as me) work on a shared note. Currently, they are using free accounts and I am using my personally premium account.

The business edition sounds very good, would it just show up in my EN as an additional account that I have? I use EN for everything, work, home, church, personal project, kids, etc.

I am trying to use it this way first and then build a better business case for my team to use it the business edition, first have some more learning about business edition to do. My biggest roadblock is going to be that we have SharePoint implemented enterprise wide and every user gets OneNote as part of the base install of all workstations.

First I would work gaining approval for my team (7 people), then see if the department would buy in (80 people) and then see where it goes.

I am going to watch some of the videos later today, but have to work on Sharepoint this afternoon :(......

Archived