Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Inking on Android possible?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FinancialWar

FinancialWar

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hello,

I sync a Ink Note file from my desktop Evernote onto my Android phone, I can view my drawing, but when I click on the edit button (the pencil icon), I can only type and not draw (ink). So I assume currently I am only able to view ink created on desktop and not create inking on Android, if that is the case, is there a plan to introduce this feature?

FW.

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Evernote don't publish route maps or delivery dates, but they do have (from a recent interview I saw with the CEO) a competitive incentive to improve each client to the best it can be for the hardware on which it runs. Developers read this forum, so your feature request will have been registered!

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 beaconaust

beaconaust

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I have a similar problem in that I move between Windows 7 tablet with a screen digitizer, an iPad for leisure and an Android mini tablet for field notes. The Windows tablet has a very mature Evernote app with inking, whereas the other formats are pretty rudimentary by comparison.

There is an inking app I found for Android, called Maple Paint. It is freeware and takes notes in vector format quite quickly, but does not appear to be supported in Evernote. Penultimate is ok on the iPad, but can be problematic, as can Skitch.

Given the popularity of iPads and Android tablets, it would be nice to see Evernote attempt to keep pace between platforms. As it stands, Windows is streets ahead on he others at the moment with no commitment from Evernote as o when it was going to bring the IOS nd Android versions up to scratch.

#4 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

As I said, Evernote don't do advance commitments, and (it appears) have separate teams developing best features for different platforms that suit the abilities of the hardware and software to deliver a user-friendly service. Things will get better, at a pace influenced by the devices you're using.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#5 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

As it is, the Android client has improved a whole heckuva lot since I first started using it about a year ago. (smile, dlu & 'droid devs :))
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,180 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Given the popularity of iPads and Android tablets, it would be nice to see Evernote attempt to keep pace between platforms. As it stands, Windows is streets ahead on he others at the moment with no commitment from Evernote as o when it was going to bring the IOS nd Android versions up to scratch.

I don't know what scratch is, but six days ago they said (made a commitment?) that:

- 07:45- Android and Windows about to see big changes
- 44:33-45:30 Notification center stuff is headed for mobile
- 49:20-51:15 The Moleskine page camera feature is headed for Android
- 51:40- Plain text is headed for Android

You can hear all this and more on "Evernote Podcast #35: Intelligentsy Episode," 18 January 2013, 1:00:07 http://blog.evernote...gentsy-episode/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote