Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Evernote for Windows 4.6.2 Beta 1

evernote

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hello People of Windows!

We have a beta that no longer steals the alt+printscreen key combination. We've moved that screenshot functionality to Shift+PrintScreen. We've also cleaned up a few bug fixes for Evernote Business. We've also made some progress with tagging while multiselecting and will continue to work on that.

Cheers!
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 evb

evb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Update worked fine, no regressions so far.

One question: Along with the update I had a look into the options and somehow came to the "autoupdate"-folder on my harddrive. There, I found 8 older install files with about 385 MB.

Is it safe to delete these earlier versions from the harddrive?

Thx, EvB.

#3 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Didn't change here, still alt + Printscreen.
I deleted the registry entry, knowing that EN recreates the default when it is not there, and the correct (Shift) combination was recreated.

So the default is now Shift, but it didn't overwrite the previous setting (Intented, since it was installed over the last version?)

Improved stability for moving notes from personal notebooks to business notebooks

And moving in the other direction?
In the previous version moving from Business to Personal did not propogate to other clients - only showed in the windows client.
I will test again, just checking.

#4 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Downloaded this morning, seems good so far.

My print screen has always been windows button + print screen and still is, which is fine.

Regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• 1,843 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

My print screen has always been windows button + print screen and still is, which is fine.

Yes, but with the release of Skitch there was a new hotkey added, which would create a new skitch note. This is what was being referred to here. :)

#6 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

So two hotkeys then?

Can see no mention of skitch in the discussion above. Must have missed something somewhere!

I have skitch on the iPad but not downloaded on Windows laptop as of yet. Must get round to doing that.

Best regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks, dlu -- will try to work through the list of problems I've reported over the last few releases.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request

#8 dlu

dlu

• 2,415 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I believe if you delete the registry setting, the app will add in the shfit+printscreen setting upon startup. Thanks everyone!
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

#9 ever111

ever111

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

evb,
I had asked about those autoupdate installs, and opened a ticket, but no real answer.
They seem to be a backup of your previous installs. Mine stopped at 4.5.10.7472, which is the last update I have allowed. Reliability trumps all in my reality.
In any case, I would keep at least the last 2 or 3, including 4.5.10, in case you have to fall back, due to major disruptive changes, or unreliability, etc. But falling back could cause other problems, currently if running 4.6 and drop back to a 4.5 (database expansion happened somewhere in there).

#10 Austin Chen

Austin Chen

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

The web clip function disappeared on my system. My system is IE10 on Windows 8 Enterprise Chinese Traditional Edition.

#11 ever111

ever111

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Wow! Guess nobody can top that!

#12 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

One question: Along with the update I had a look into the options and somehow came to the "autoupdate"-folder on my harddrive. There, I found 8 older install files with about 385

In general, yes, it's safe to delete the old Evernote installation files. If you're playing in the beta stream, it might be a good idea to keep an old reliable version around, just in case, though.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request

#13 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• 1,843 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Cross posting this here since it is relevant:
http://discussion.ev...-multiple-tags/

I see these issues in the latest beta.

May have some more info/examples as well.

EDIT:

- New Note button in main toolbar creates notes based on Variable New note button
- - Add both "New Note" buttons to toolbar
- - Use Variable button to create a non-text note (i.e. ink)
- - "Default new note" becomes that type of note.
- - Click on the basic "New Note" button (This is expected to create ONLY text notes, regardless)
- - Double click on the new note before entering anything into the note
- - It becomes the "Default note type"

- Stacks and Tags (Some from the linked thread above, and others I have noticed)

- - Click a stack, then a tag. (With hide unassigned tags selected)
- - Try to click another tag
- - This fails.

- - If you have the search explanation hidden, you can see that during this the button is animating. If I understand it correctly, this means that the search is continually being performed.

- - If you can manage to get two tags selected (I just keep trying to add another tag, and it seems to stick sometimes.) you can get an interesting result.

- - I am not sure of the best way to explain this, but I select a stack and two tags, say A & B (assuming you can select them)
- - Every so often, I see a flickering of notes as if the search changes.
- - From watching how the tag list changes, it appears to me as if the search is flickering from Stack + tag A + tag B to Stack + tag B

#14 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hi - small problem when I started my system today; had a 'wait while windows installs 4.6.2' popup followed by a 'can't find Evernote.msi' error. Re-downloaded the package from dlu's post above and reinstalled - all fine (so far..). ;0)

Attached Files

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#15 dlu

dlu

• 2,415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

We just released an RC here: http://discussion.ev...windows-462-rc/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows, evernote

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote