Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Linux based Samsung Refrigerator with built-in Evernote Integration

samsung evernote refrigerator kitchen linux

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Post from Engadget describes a Samsung refrigerator that has Evernote integration (integrated shopping list, etc.):

http://www.engadget....rnote-integrat/

The odd part is that it runs on Linux. I wonder what the Linux client folk will say when they see this?

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

It's very likely just using the documented API to make/modify notes with known formats. The Linux client folks should be able to tell apart a full Evernote client from a single-purpose focused application.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I see and good point. I was hoping that this was a harbinger of good tidings for the Linux folk but you're right, it's most likely just a dedicated applet.

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#4 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

It is indeed an app developed on our API by Samsung.

Oh, and .... Me WANTEE!!!!

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#5 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Wow, I guess I'm a little slow today but I just realized you could be walking through the store with your phone and read the notes you created on your refrigerator telling you what to buy. I bet there's a 3rd party coupon/OCR app for Android or iPhone that could be brought into the mix too to really make use of this. :)

-- roschler

#6 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

On a related topic, I currently use a combination of Food on the Table and Ziplist for managing my meal planning and grocery shopping. I like how both FotT and Ziplist, when adding things to my Grocery list, have a "we think you already have this ingredient, so we're not adding this to the list" automatic option (which I can override).

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#7 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

VentureBeat has a write-up of the Samsung/Evernote enabled fridge and a brief video of it:

http://venturebeat.c...ote-video-demo/

- roschler

#8 Marco Scacchi

Marco Scacchi

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

mhhh looking the images the os appear to be android .....

#9 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Good point Marco, it does seem that way.

-- roschler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, evernote, refrigerator, kitchen, linux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote