(Archived) Two import features still missing in Skitch for Mac

Lew

I sent the following message to support concerning two Skitch v1 features missing in v2:

Hello,

In Skitch v1 a file name could be entered in the tab at the bottom of the window before saving or dragging it to the desktop. I’m using Skitch v2.0.4 and I see no easy way to name a file other than to do so in the file export process...and, although that filename is applied to the exported file, it is not applied to the original graphic in the Skitch window.

Without a quick and easy way to name a file, it has to be done after dragging to the desktop or syncing with Evernote. Having to switch to the desktop or Evernote in order to name the file interrupts the workflow, otherwise I end up with a lot of files named Screenshot.

Also, there needs to be a way to customize keyboard shortcuts for Crosshair Snapshot, etc. as there was in v1. Some of the ones your programmers have come up with are just cruel.

I would appreciate it if you would kindly pass my comments on to your programmers.

Here's the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting us,

we apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you please perform the following steps after you have seen the error occur again?
  • Run the Mac "Console" application

• On the left side, select "Crash Reporter" under:
    FILES > ~/Library/Logs

• Select the latest "Skitch*.log" and reply to this message with it as an attachment.

Did the support representative even bother to read my message? I think not!!

Anyway... Does anyone here have any suggestions? Would any Evernote employee who may read this please pass it along to your programmers?

Thanks...

Lew

This area here is where you can name your note as well as your filename. We're working to make this clearer.

Hi Keith...

Good to hear from you. Thank you for pointing that out to me. It seems so obvious now.

Regards...

Lew

Archived