Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Evernote for Android 4.5 Beta 3

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hi Folks,

Here is a new beta update for Android.
No new features this time, but we polished up a few things, finalised the new features, and that should now be almost ready for a public update.
Could you please give it a try and report any problem you may have?

1 STEP REGISTRATION
If you start the app on a phone without any Evernote registered email you would get an option to "Start Now".

GO PREMIUM
Not really a strong customer facing feature, but we wanted to raise awareness about this option.
Please let us now if the experience is not too disruptive.

NEW ACTION BAR
We've been working on tweaking the navigation on phone so we get closer to the Android guidelines.
You will notice that the action bar is now static at the top.
We also moved the sorting and filtering options to the list category.

ttp://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Thank you.
Xavier.

#2 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • Group: Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sideloaded on my BB Playbook. This version doesn't crash anymore which is fantastic. Only thing I found was that it took a long time to start up (20 to 25 seconds). Didn't have this issue with previous versions. They pretty much started right away. Once the app started it was relatively quick.

Twitter: @richramo
Premium EN User

#3 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,783 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

One glitch noticed: when using View As List, when you tag a note (press&hold on a note, select "Tag", select a tag, click "Done"), the tag is not updated in the note entry in the list.

One suggestion: The Tag dialog is quite nice, because it makes tag suggestions as you type, right above the keyboard -- makes it easy to narrow down to a tag and select it when it appears in the hints. It would be nice if the Tag selector in the Advanced Search UI would do the same thing, and also narrow down the tag list (under the "Tags" header) as you type.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#4 hgarg

hgarg

• 185 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Sideloaded on my BB Playbook. This version doesn't crash anymore which is fantastic. Only thing I found was that it took a long time to start up (20 to 25 seconds). Didn't have this issue with previous versions. They pretty much started right away. Once the app started it was relatively quick.

Do you see this every time after starting the app?
Kiill the app and start again and if you see long delay then send us the logs.
Thanks

#5 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yes

Do you see this every time after starting the app?
Kiill the app and start again and if you see long delay then send us the logs.
Thanks

This occurs on each startup from what I can tell. I've sent through the logs to support.

Twitter: @richramo
Premium EN User

#6 Enoch

Enoch

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

(...)
Could you please give it a try and report any problem you may have?
(...)

phone UI, portrait mode. When a note is opened, the upper bar only shows the note title (that's great!), but the action bar with the "menu options" don't shows up in the bottom of the screen.

Evernote in: Windows 8 Desktop + Smartphone Android Jelly Bean + Tablet 10" with Android Jelly Bean

#7 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

@Enoch,
Does the bar appear whenever you scroll the note view, or is it not displayed at all?
@Nicolas,
Thanks for the suggestion, that's on the wish list.

#8 Enoch

Enoch

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

@Enoch,
Does the bar appear whenever you scroll the note view, or is it not displayed at all?

The (upper) bar appear when I scroll. But the problem is with the "menu options" in portrait mode: menu options is not displayed, as you can see in these 2 screnshots from my Galaxy SIII: (Link) [;)]

Evernote in: Windows 8 Desktop + Smartphone Android Jelly Bean + Tablet 10" with Android Jelly Bean

#9 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Thanks a lot Enoch.
We are looking at this issue now.

#10 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

@Enoch, the issue on the top bar should be fixed in the latest update.
We are still working on the problem with the bar at the bottom.
Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote