Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Web

Shared note formatting off. Width needs adjusting

evernote

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mrgoerend

mrgoerend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

See this note for an example. The note is in size 36 font.

#2 akhaku

akhaku

• Title: Member
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the heads-up - the fix for this will be pushed live shortly, possibly Wednesday

#3 chodorowicz

chodorowicz

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

There's still problem with this formatting - it's to narrow on wide monitors.
http://i.imgur.com/o5mTgi7.png

#4 Fuzzy76

Fuzzy76

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm seeing this issue as well. If I create a note with a wide table, the shared page enforces it into a very narrow "container" which ends up with scrollbars. This should not happen when the browser window has plenty of space for showing the note properly.

#5 mrgoerend

mrgoerend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the heads-up - the fix for this will be pushed live shortly, possibly Wednesday

This is from January, and as you can see in the link I posted, the formatting is still wrong.

#6 dias

dias

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

I would also like this fixed soon. Should be quite a simple fix?

#7 martinlong1978

martinlong1978

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

This seems to be a case of aesthetics taking priority over functionality. Loads of wasted space in my browser, yet my wide content doesn't fit and creates scrollbars. Several months and still no fix for this. 

#8 martinlong1978

martinlong1978

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Seems to be a simple CSS item: wrapper#container

#9 apostle

apostle

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

this problem still exists. 

#10 mrgoerend

mrgoerend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

The note I linked in my original post looks much cleaner now but it's still much too narrow: http://note.io/19ulIQN

#11 martinlong1978

martinlong1978

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

It at least works now, without scrolling, but it's a simple case of form over function. Big monitor;  space wasted by web developers. 

#12 apostle

apostle

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

This note is unusable due to the scrolling issues. https://www.evernote...385d2c0867ebe80

#13 martinlong1978

martinlong1978

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I've raised a ticket. I think EN aren't reading this thread because they think it's fixed. This is so frustrating for me. Worst than it now working is that EN just don't seem to be interested in helping. 

#14 MrWagstaff

MrWagstaff

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Agreed, I had many many shared notes in wide table form to enable my clients to see contract schedules and in one swoop Evernote made all that work unuseable!!!

Perfectly OK to view in Evernote web account view but in the shared note view (the view that my recipients see) it is simply nonsense to have everything forced into the centre of the screen with an out of sight horizontal scrollbar!!

Insult to injury they announced in October 2012 that experiencing Evernote on the Web just got a whole lot nicer and "We’ve given the shared notes a beautiful online makeover that puts the note content front and center.". See the Evernote blog "http://blog.evernote...b-improvements/

The horizontal scroll bar is not even visible on notes that are also long vertically as were my carefully crafted tables.

Support ticket sent last year was just dealt with as "feedback". 

Very disappointing!!!

This constant movement of looking "cool" but being difficult to use is extremely frustrating and I now wish there was a more user friendly Evernote alternative to switch to.  

It would not be so bad if they did not damage and render useless many hours of work when they make such "improvements". I need security and stability as I create a workflow around this product. I need to know that the time, effort and money that I spend doing work using this software will not be rendered useless at the whim of the designers some time in the future. 

I really hope martinlong1978 that you get some movement here. 

Shared notes need to be as viewable for the receiver as for the creator!!

Maybe the facility to open the shared note in a separate browser window (as can be done with web account notes) and take advantage of full screen real estate. 

#15 Usman Farooq

Usman Farooq

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Still facing same issue. Where is Evernote Team?

Regards

Usman Farooq

Software Developer

#16 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hmmm, I'm seeing that this still is a known bug and have appended the thread info here to the open ticket.  We'll see if we can't reup to ensure this is taken care of.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#17 deardavid

deardavid

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Still no fix for this -- have to somehow save note to computer and email it to intended recipient.

#18 Usman Farooq

Usman Farooq

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hmmm, I'm seeing that this still is a known bug and have appended the thread info here to the open ticket.  We'll see if we can't reup to ensure this is taken care of.

Where is your open ticket ? 1 year has passed for this bug report.... but still nothing has been done...

Regards

Usman Farooq

Software Developer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: web, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote