Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

iOS won't sync to OS

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 radiohannibal

radiohannibal

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I have used Evernote premium for about 3 years now and loved it until November when they redid the apps.
Since then I have big problems syncing any notes from iOS. When I create it tries to sync but fails.
I'm using an iPhone 4s, an iPad v.3 and Mountain Lion on a 2012 model iMac. All new hardware and on the same platforms. Should work smoothly right?
The notes do seem to eventually sync, but not right away and the failure message on every note created is annoying to say the least.

I opened one ticket with no resolution.
Then I waited to see if subsequent updates would solve it. Nope.
I opened another ticket. Copied the failure info on the activity report and sent to them as requested. They responded a little over a week ago saying they'd have to turn the issue over to another department.
I've yet to hear from this other department and now have gotten an email saying they are closing the ticket. And still no resolution.

I'm ticked at their disregard for the customer and not sure what to do at this point. Open a third ticket?

Is anyone else having this problem?

BTW, I have deleted the apps from the iMac, iPhone and iPad. Deleted the iOS ones from iTunes. Then reinstalled all three apps via the desk top, then synced my iPhone and iPad by plugging into iMac. it didn;t solve the problem.

John

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,207 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

I have used Evernote premium for about 3 years now and loved it until November when they redid the apps.
Since then I have big problems syncing any notes from iOS. When I create it tries to sync but fails.
I'm using an iPhone 4s, an iPad v.3 and Mountain Lion on a 2012 model iMac. All new hardware and on the same platforms. Should work smoothly right?
The notes do seem to eventually sync, but not right away and the failure message on every note created is annoying to say the least.

I opened one ticket with no resolution.
Then I waited to see if subsequent updates would solve it. Nope.
I opened another ticket. Copied the failure info on the activity report and sent to them as requested. They responded a little over a week ago saying they'd have to turn the issue over to another department.
I've yet to hear from this other department and now have gotten an email saying they are closing the ticket. And still no resolution.

I'm ticked at their disregard for the customer and not sure what to do at this point. Open a third ticket?

Is anyone else having this problem?

BTW, I have deleted the apps from the iMac, iPhone and iPad. Deleted the iOS ones from iTunes. Then reinstalled all three apps via the desk top, then synced my iPhone and iPad by plugging into iMac. it didn;t solve the problem.

John

Hi John. Sorry to hear about your problem. Although this is extreme, it may be worth a try. If you do a factory reset of the device, do not install any apps, but only put Evernote on your device, do you still encounter the problem? I ask because in the past other apps have caused Evernote to misbehave. If it did work, and you could add apps until it stopped working, you might be able to solve the problem (assuming, of course, it was another app causing it). Ideally, of course, you wouldn't have to do this. And, it would be a real hassle. However, it might be one way to try and get at a solution, because for many people, no problems are being encountered. This suggests it is not the devices, or Evernote, but combinations of something else -- the content of the Evernote accounts, or the other apps / settings on the devices.

#3 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I'm truly sorry for your experience. I've pulled your tickets and found that the bugs you encountered were filed with our QA department. Unfortunately, when we encounter bugs with the software that require QA testing and then engineering changes in order to fix, there is nothing further we can do in Support except offer workarounds. And, depending on the product, the time for a fix can be days to months (with our iOS clients, there is generally a lead time of 2-6 weeks for a fix to any reported bug to appear in a new release due to Apple development requirements - after it has been reproduced by QA.)

You should have received an email when the ticket was closed out explaining that as a bug had been filed, no further action need be taken on your part. I'm sorry if you did not receive this. I'll check our mail server settings to see why that may have happened.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#4 radiohannibal

radiohannibal

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm truly sorry for your experience. I've pulled your tickets and found that the bugs you encountered were filed with our QA department. Unfortunately, when we encounter bugs with the software that require QA testing and then engineering changes in order to fix, there is nothing further we can do in Support except offer workarounds. And, depending on the product, the time for a fix can be days to months (with our iOS clients, there is generally a lead time of 2-6 weeks for a fix to any reported bug to appear in a new release due to Apple development requirements - after it has been reproduced by QA.)

You should have received an email when the ticket was closed out explaining that as a bug had been filed, no further action need be taken on your part. I'm sorry if you did not receive this. I'll check our mail server settings to see why that may have happened.

Thanks for the response. No, I never got an email explaining anything other than that the ticket was being closed. I guess I'll wait to hear from someone, anyone.

I am very reluctant to to a factory reset of my iPhone. Indeed, it would be a big hassle as I have apps with stored info, etc. You mean something like Instagram may not be compatible with Evernote on the same device? I find that rather odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote