Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Organizing Cookbook

food

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 poptoon

poptoon

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Can i have subfolders in My Cookbook? Is there any way to sort and search by tags?

Thanks!

#2 laughinglibby

laughinglibby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

At present it appears that we can't tag recipes from within Evernote Food, nor search clipped recipes by tag in the app. A search for eg soup brings up results from the default recipe database, not the ones I've clipped from elsewhere.

Conversely, a Meal record can't be edited from the main app, even to move it into a notebook, and there is no provision for organising meals into sub-collections in the app. I'd like to be able to separate meals I've cooked from restaurant meals.

The app needs a lot more flexibility.

#3 foxyroxy

foxyroxy

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hmm I just started to use EF properly today and it seems to be falling into the 'pretty but useless' or should I say pretty useless category of apps.

I had rather assumed that if I assigned tags to a recipe in Evernote I would then be able to search on those tags in EF. It seems not !!

EF seems to be rather useless at the moment. First there are the bugs in getting it to recognise things as recipes in the first place, and now I find there are the problems of not being able to find the recipes once you manage to get them in there :-(

On the good side at least there is a forum and people posting their problems, so I'm not wasting hours trying to get something to work that clearly doesn't.

#4 mrs-kitty

mrs-kitty

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

The only reason I'm putting up with it, is blind faith that it will improve, and the fact that I'll get lots of my recipes into Evernote anyway (where I had them before). Had been flirting with a different app, and it's different, not better.

#5 Simon73

Simon73

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Like a good cheese - I'm sure this app will mature with time, but right now it is really annoying that recipes I clip into MyCookbook can be directed to a notebook of my choosing in Evernote, but recipes I create manually using MyMeals always end up cluttering up my default notebook.  Ultimately, the seperation between MyMeals and MyCookbook is just confusing and the app needs to support seperating recipes into different sections / notebooks.

#6 Naomi

Naomi

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Like a good cheese - I'm sure this app will mature with time, but right now it is really annoying that recipes I clip into MyCookbook can be directed to a notebook of my choosing in Evernote, but recipes I create manually using MyMeals always end up cluttering up my default notebook.  Ultimately, the seperation between MyMeals and MyCookbook is just confusing and the app needs to support seperating recipes into different sections / notebooks.

You can change where your Meals and Recipes are synced within the app settings.  There are options to save them to whichever notebook(s) you wish.

#7 Simon73

Simon73

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Aha - today it works.  I had changed the setting already in the app, but the only immediate effect was on where meals clipped into MyCookbook were stored.  It took a while for the setting to take affect for meals created in MyMeals.

thanks for the reply though - all good now.

#8 Cobe

Cobe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Would be nice also to be able to organize My Cookbook into categories. Right now, all my recipes are in there, I think in chronological order by date created (?). It's a nice app but could be much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote