Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
K-12

Teaching Evernote to Upper Grade Primary Students

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tedology

Tedology

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hello all,

I currently teach Fourth Grade and I've been toying with the idea of teaching my students how to use Evernote. Get them started early and this way, should they choose, they can carry their EN account with them as they progress in the educational system.

I'm wondering if anybody's tried this and have any luck?

The one challenge I could see is that an email is required which means my students would have to sign up for some email system (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) first. I would probably need parental permission to get the kids signed up (although I know that some of my students already have email accounts).

If anybody has tried this and/or know of links to blogs, etc. where I might find more information, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks much!
Ted
Warm regards,
Ted

"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on this knees."

Crafting blog: Happily Ever Crafter

#2 pjcollier

pjcollier

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Ted,

I'm not sure about your email account questions, but I used Evernote in my 8th grade classroom. Here's a link to a post from earlier this year as I had my students set-up their accounts. It may be what you're looking for. I hope this helps.

http://evernoteforst...udents-started/

Jordan Collier

#3 Tedology

Tedology

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ted,

I'm not sure about your email account questions, but I used Evernote in my 8th grade classroom. Here's a link to a post from earlier this year as I had my students set-up their accounts. It may be what you're looking for. I hope this helps.

http://evernoteforst...udents-started/

Jordan Collier

Jordan,

This could not be more perfect! I'm very grateful you took the time to respond and your blog/site is going to be extremely helpful. Thanks very much for it!

Have a great weekend,
Ted
Warm regards,
Ted

#4 Rob van Nood

Rob van Nood

• Group: Evernote Ambassador
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I've been using EN in my upper Elementary classroom for two years, particularly for e-portfolios. Come read my blog www.evernotefolios.wordpress.com for a lot of information. I'll also be publishing a book on the topic soon.
Evernote Education Ambassador
www.evernotefolios.wordpress.com
www.engagingeducation.me
@evernotefolios
rob@engagingeducation.me

#5 Tedology

Tedology

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi Rob and thanks for answering.

Yes, I've stumbled upon the article. A lot of good information and I'll definitely take it into consideration.

I appreciate your input.
Warm regards,
Ted

#6 Tracey Smith

Tracey Smith

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.  I too teach 4th grade and would like to introduce my students to Evernote.  I just heard that our district already has google id's set up for all of our students so I need to look into that and then I can go from there.  I want to show them how to use it for online journaling.  They can do their journal entries online and then share them with me electronically.  

Have been doing it myself and really enjoyed it, so I think they will enjoy it as well.  Many of my students are very low income and do not have access to email or computers at home but we have plenty of opportunities at school to expose them to it.

Tracey Smith
"Be Careful what you ask for, you just might get it"
http://traceysmith311.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote