Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

UNCHANGEABLE (Date, Time, Location)

hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stormgen

stormgen

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I like the way Hello helps people in remember new acquaintances. However, I meet few annoying problems with it.

1. I am unable to change the date and time in the encounters created. This is extremely important for many of us. Imagine you met someone last night and have taken some photos with iPhone camera. Then you only create in Hello 2 days later. Say, 2 weeks later, when you review in Hello, you will mistake when you met with him/her. The problem even worsens as Hello is synced with Evernote. The title of the encounter in Evernote shows the date and time of the encounter which are obviously UNCHANGEABLE. They are misleading me all the time. HELP!

2. I am unable to change/delete the location information. Imagine you met with your primary classmate on the street and exchanged contact information. On the way going back home in train/bus, you create an encounter in Hello. The location (name and address) automatically added is incorrect. Yet, it is UNCHANGEABLE. What is the point that I can change the name of the location, but not address?
OK, if I can't change, why not Hello just allows me to delete the location. I rather write down in the note field. But I just can't change or delete. HELP! And, while the rectangular thumbnail of the Google map displays the street view correctly, the "pin" is wrongly dropped when I click on the map.

Could Evernote team solve my problem?

Btw, I hope Hello could allow users to add more than 1 email address and phone number for the encounter.

#2 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hi,

We have implemented a way for you to change your location and provided a more intuitive way to add additional contact info for your Hello Contacts in the next release. The date change is a little bit more complicated due to the way we manage your meetings but it will be coming. Stay tuned.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#3 JPBJ

JPBJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I looked through the blogs to see if this had been addressed yet, but this is the closest so I'll bump it...

When I create an new contact in Evernote Hello on Android, it populates the title with the location where the phone GPS thinks it is, i.e., "Met Fred Flintstone Met at 900 2nd St at 09:43 AM".  A recent update let me change the encounter location, but it is still clunky since it tries to associate your corrected address to the erroneous one instead of changing the original.  The BIG problem is that the title cannot be edited ANYWHERE.  The Windows Desktop app says to edit the title using the mobile device, but on the Android app, I cannot manipulate it at all. This problem is MUCH worse if I add a Hello contact afterward; I met someone in New York last week, and entered it today in Virginia.  There is no way to edit the title to show the correct location instead of the where the GPS thinks it is now.  This is a serious flaw; I am close to declaring Hello to be unusable because of this uneditable error.

Help.  Please.

#4 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi JPBJ,

We are looking into enabling editing Hello notes in Evernote now.  However you should be able to edit it on the Android app.  We have been having some issues with people understanding how to use the location picker.  Take a look at this set of screen shots.  They are for the iOS version of the app but the behavior of the location picker (the last 2 screens on the right) is the same.  https://www.evernote...61136c2618921ba

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#5 michaeljsw

michaeljsw

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Have you ever tried to change 100 plus cards using location picker? I gave up.

Hi JPBJ,

We are looking into enabling editing Hello notes in Evernote now.  However you should be able to edit it on the Android app.  We have been having some issues with people understanding how to use the location picker.  Take a look at this set of screen shots.  They are for the iOS version of the app but the behavior of the location picker (the last 2 screens on the right) is the same.  https://www.evernote...61136c2618921ba

#6 RJA

RJA

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I agree with michaeljsw. I use IOS and it is the norm to enter data into hello well after any meeting or exchange of business cards. It should be simple to edit the address instead of defaulting to the current location. I can do it but it's time consuming.

Richard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote