Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Select note with AppleScript

applescript

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wdhaines

wdhaines

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I’ve put together an Applescript to create notes from templates. The final step is to select the note that has been imported so that I can type right into it. I can’t for the life of me find a way to do this in the script dictionary. All the selections are read-only. Any ideas?

-- Create a new notebook, import the template file, and show shortcut
tell application "Evernote"
set newNotes to import templatePath to curNotebook with tags
set newNote to item 1 of newNotes
set query string of front window to (("notebook:\"" & curNotebook & "\"" as string) & " tag:\"" & curTime & "\"" & " tag:\"@" & templateName & "\"" as string)
set creation date of newNote to current date
set modification date of newNote to current date
-- SELECT THE NOTE SOMEHOW
end tell

Thanks.

#2 Julien Boedec

Julien Boedec

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Indeed, selections are read only. Have you thought about using the "open note window" command?

#3 wdhaines

wdhaines

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Good suggestion. That isn’t exactly what I want; I have no need for the extra window, but it is definitely better than importing the note and having it not be focused.

The ability to affect the selected note, especially in list view would be a great feature to add.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote