Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Evernote for Windows 4.6.1 RC

evernote

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hello People of Windows!

We have an RC that includes the ability to copy notes from Personal Notebooks to business notebooks. We also fixed a few bugs related to business tags causing sync issues.

The issue with saved searches in the favorites bar should be out soon. Please let us know if there are any issues you run into.

Happy Holidays!
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 WatchmanLPZ

WatchmanLPZ

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

How about the issues I mentioned here http://discussion.ev...g-occasionally/

#3 dlu

dlu

• 2,415 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Watchman, we haven't been able to reproduce your issue. Have you filed a support ticket?
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

#4 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hello People of Windows!

We have an RC that includes the ability to copy notes from Personal Notebooks to business notebooks. We also fixed a few bugs related to business tags causing sync issues.

The issue with saved searches in the favorites bar should be out soon. Please let us know if there are any issues you run into.

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays!

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#5 jfkaess

jfkaess

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

still does not sync until after a manual sync is done. Then the sync works fine.

premium user since 2010

#6 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Haven't checked all of my laundry list of issues that I've reported in previous betas (I know I'm a pain, dlu :)), but this issue is new to me or maybe I didn't notice it before:
* Make a stack that contains only joined notebooks
* In the notebook list, click on the stack. The note list now contains only notes from that stack, as expected.
* The tag list header now shows "Tags From personal", and the tag tree contains my normal set of tags if I have "Show all tags" enabled, or no tags if I have "Hide unassigned tags" enabled, but in either case, it shows no tags from the joined notebooks.
* Click on one of the joined notebooks, and the tag list header changes to "Tags from <the joined notebook's name>", and only tags from that notebook now show
* If you save this as a saved search, you get the same behavior

Seems inconsistent to me. It's not clear to me why the tags shown in a stack containing only joined notebooks wouldn't show tags from the notes in joined notebooks contained in the stack. I don't really see the value in that.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#7 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

You still get stuck in the Business Library and the only way out is to click on a notebook to get out. Any other shortcut on the favourites bar or hotkey doesn't work.

I also have a question about the dropdown menus in the Favourites bar. Currently there are 3 different options that you can use, I also have an old pinned "Notebooks" dropdown that still responds to the shortcut, and shows ONLY my notebooks.

Will this be changed at some point, and will there be more shortcuts for the different items?

http://www.evernote....4010ad5d9aa4be1

Worth mentioning as well, I have had a couple of crashes in the last couple of weeks or so. Other than telling you that I have sent the info/error report as requested by the message, I have no other information about it. Will keep watching.

#8 Ralf Schiering

Ralf Schiering

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Because of known problems with Outlook (2007) clipper and Firefox clipper just thinking using the RC version for Windows.
  • when usingRC version will there be later on problems when using the release version in German?
  • switwching to RC version means uninstalling the installed version?
Have a nice Xmas!

#9 dlu

dlu

• 2,415 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Because of known problems with Outlook (2007) clipper and Firefox clipper just thinking using the RC version for Windows.

• when usingRC version will there be later on problems when using the release version in German?
  • switwching to RC version means uninstalling the installed version?
Have a nice Xmas!

If you update to the RC, you can still use all of the GA/public releases later on. You can simple install it and it will upgrade you without having to do a manual re-install. We should have a GA release soon.

#10 vineetw

vineetw

• 95 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Haven't checked all of my laundry list of issues that I've reported in previous betas (I know I'm a pain, dlu :)), but this issue is new to me or maybe I didn't notice it before:
* Make a stack that contains only joined notebooks
* In the notebook list, click on the stack. The note list now contains only notes from that stack, as expected.
* The tag list header now shows "Tags From personal", and the tag tree contains my normal set of tags if I have "Show all tags" enabled, or no tags if I have "Hide unassigned tags" enabled, but in either case, it shows no tags from the joined notebooks.
* Click on one of the joined notebooks, and the tag list header changes to "Tags from <the joined notebook's name>", and only tags from that notebook now show
* If you save this as a saved search, you get the same behavior

Seems inconsistent to me. It's not clear to me why the tags shown in a stack containing only joined notebooks wouldn't show tags from the notes in joined notebooks contained in the stack. I don't really see the value in that.

jefito,
Thanks for the report - ticket #5757 has been filed.

#11 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

For the folks who don't speak computerese, (myself included), I try to avoid the acronym jargon.
I've been storing some of these acronyms in an Evernote note for reference.

RC means Release Candidate.
It is more robust than a Beta, but not ready for Public Release

And GA means General Availability.

#12 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

For the folks who don't speak computerese, (myself included), I try to avoid the acronym jargon.
I've been storing some of these acronyms in an Evernote note for reference.

RC means Release Candidate.
It is more robust than a Beta, but not ready for Public Release

And GA means General Availability.

Thanks for that. There I was thinking I was the only confused Evernoter!

Regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#13 Mr.Note

Mr.Note

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

This RC keeps closing....
Install on clean machine (No Evernote)
Wait for download db
was using the filter to find my old notes
go over the notes...
... suddenly unrelieved the message that Evernote needs to be closed
...no I'm writing this message to you.

Please keep fixinig your RC version before rolling it out

BR,
-Andrey

#14 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

@Mr.Note: This hasn't happened on my machine, nor have I seen it reported. You should check your Activity Log to see if there's any clue of what's going on, and probably open a support request.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request

#15 Mr.Note

Mr.Note

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, jefito for replying. I wonder if you're have deeper knowledge in the product?

From my understanding - any product I'm using I expect to have it just works, right?! Looking for the clues in Activity log...mmm... that might be also a good idea probably to look at the code itself, why not? So, the next step is apply for help to support. Unfortunately, that option doesn't work today...al least for non-premium users. Here is the link and you can try by yourself,
https://support.ever...sp?folderID=224

Anyway, thanks again for taking care of that

#16 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

@Mr.Note: This hasn't happened on my machine, nor have I seen it reported. You should check your Activity Log to see if there's any clue of what's going on, and probably open a support request.

I'm running it fine as well. I suppose, if the problem is that serious, the easiest solution is to uninstall and reinstall using the public release version. Make sure, of course, that you have a backup, you are synced, and all of that.

#17 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

So, the next step is apply for help to support. Unfortunately, that option doesn't work today...al least for non-premium users. Here is the link and you can try by yourself,

Support inquiries for premium users are guaranteed a response in one business day, but there's no guarantee that a free user won't get a response in that timeframe either. So because this is pretty clearly a case for technical support, and even though you may not get a response right away, it would be a lot better if you did open one now rather than delaying, because that will put you in a higher spot in the queue. Meanwhile you can try to get answers in the forum, and maybe that helps sooner, but it's harmless to put in a request now.
~Jeff

#18 Mr.Note

Mr.Note

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thanks, jefito. Looks like it was not clear from my post. The ticket submission system doesn't work - not allow to submit the ticket but switch to the base line view,
you can try,

you will get there,
http://evernote.com/contact/support/

#19 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hi. I think I found a bug moving notes from business to personal. It looks to me that it is confined to Windows.
http://discussion.ev...ss-to-personal/

#20 martynpie

martynpie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

The usual tag-keeping bugs that occur when using shortcut buttons of saved searches pinned to the menu bar are still unfixed. They were mentioned in the threads for the last two beta releases.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote