Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Recipes from Evernote app not showing in My Cookbook

food

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 dadu007

dadu007

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hello,
I have 20 or 30 recipes in my Evernote account that are not showing in the new Evernote Food 2.0 My Cookbook. They all were scanned by hand; some are magazine articles that were scanned, and some are hand-written recipes; they have the tag "recipes". Any way to get these to show up in Food>My Cookbook?

#2 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I believe the My Cookbook presently has some limitations with scanned recipes--it's only able to pull in typed/clipped text at the moment. That's something we're looking into though.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 jdean2002

jdean2002

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'm having a similar issue. Several web clipped recipes saved to Evernote are not appearing in My Cookbook.

#4 JeanVis

JeanVis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Not clipped recipes (so recipes I entered myself, all in a Notebook called "Recipes") do not appear either ... Out of my more than 50 recipes only one shows up. And I cannot determine why that is ...

#5 bertzijngedacht

bertzijngedacht

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have a couple of recipes in Evernote. I tagged them recipes and put them in a special recipes notebook, but they do not appear in the food app.

#6 RichC

RichC

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I have the same issue. It appears that the Food app is using some algorithm to determine what to show, but we need a way to force it to show all notes in a certain notebook or with a certain tag. I have a "Recipes" notebook and everything in it has a "recipe" tag on it. I've set the app to use this notebook, but that setting seems to be about where things will be saved.

Feature request, please let us specify notebook and/or tag that shows up in Cookbook. I have hundreds of clipped recipes and only about 30 show up right now. This has the potential to be a great feature, but it needs to work for those of us who have already built a large recipe collection in Evernote.

#7 tardis

tardis

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

My Cookbook found, I think, all of my recipes but it also included general articles on cooking, pictures of general ingredients, and — most alarming — private log/journal entries that happened to mention food. Deleted the app like it was on fire. No way am I going to cook with my iPad propped open and risk a houseful of family members flipping through my cookbook and seeing stuff like that.

Automatically discovering recipes is a great idea but practically all your users will already have their recipes in either a dedicated notebook or filed under a dedicated tag. Why not just let us set it within in the app so it's not dredging up vaguely related notes or, worse, personal information we don't want on display?

#8 bastou

bastou

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi

I tried the new version of Food. This is a good idea to centralise the receipes from Evernote cooking folder, even if i prefered using last version, more beautiful and more functional in french.

I have many recipes in one "restaurant & recettes" folder, and can see some old recipes in the food application, but only less than 10 for more than 50 in total. I supposed i had to add some keywords as "recipes" to help food determining if there is a recipe or something else, but that dit not change anything.

The question is : what must we do to create in evernote a recipe that is recognized as one in food application?

Best regards

#9 JWB2

JWB2

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Evernote Food development team:
How are we to add or view recipes in EV Food app?
It appears to only show recipes clipped from the "Explore Recipes" section of the app?
Is that the only way?

#10 alanabee

alanabee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

This is the key missing feature for Food. There really needs to be a way to force all Notes in a given Notebook to show up in My Cookbook. Algorithms are neat and all, but as it is now My Cookbook is only showing half of the Notes in my Recipes Notebook. This is mostly a problem for scanned Notes, but it is happening for some clipped recipes too. Heck, even altering the algorithm to pick up the tag 'recipe' would be a satisfactory workaround.

#11 Foodman

Foodman

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hi, I think you cannot add recipes to My Cookbook section by creating them manually in Web account ( create new note and tag it as Recipe). Instead, you can clip a recipe existing in Explore Recipes, then it will appear in My Cookbook. You can also use Clipper to clip a recipe to My Cookbook section by clipping a recipe from Punchfort.(http://punchfork.com/)
In the nutshell,
The recipe will not appear in My Cookbook section if: it is not implicit marked as Recipe ( by some rules I do not know). I have tried clipping some web site not related to food or outside the punchfork, and I failed.
Hope it is help full.

#12 memojo

memojo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

Experiencing the same problem here:

I had one old recipe clipped in Evernote before I installed Evernote Food today. Then I added 30 recipes to Evernote via the Web Clipper (not scanned, not emailed to Evernote). All 31 are tagged with "Recipes" (plus other tags, like "Chicken," "Fish," etc.) and are saved in my default Notebook. Only 24 show up in Evernote Food. Seems to me that reading the tag should be a basic function of the app.

#13 figgylulu

figgylulu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Absolutely nothing has come over from Evernote even tagged recipes. Such a ***** app this one. Hard to believe it's from the same people who made Evernote

#14 Mpsch

Mpsch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Algorithm unclear 3 out of 9 recipes were automatically imported, the others not. Please make it explicite how import (in Evernote Food) or export (Evernote) is working.

#15 lawka

lawka

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I have the same problem. It even does not recognize a lot of properly formatted recipes (not scans), not to mention recipes in other languages than English (most of mine are in Polish).
Like alanabee said, making EV Food pick up all notes with the tag "recipe" would be enough.

This is the key missing feature for Food. There really needs to be a way to force all Notes in a given Notebook to show up in My Cookbook. Algorithms are neat and all, but as it is now My Cookbook is only showing half of the Notes in my Recipes Notebook. This is mostly a problem for scanned Notes, but it is happening for some clipped recipes too. Heck, even altering the algorithm to pick up the tag 'recipe' would be a satisfactory workaround.

#16 Foodman

Foodman

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Currently, the recipes clipped from Punchfork by Clipper are almost displayed in My Cookbook, except few of them. I think that devs are rushing to investigate the root core. So, be keep calm to wait for the new version. It will come soon.
I think some recipes in Explore section are not really perfect, you may get failed when trying clipping them even you re-clip many times. If you see this problem, plz post the information here including:
+ The name of recipes
+ The kind of recipe or cuisine. Example: Closet Cooking, Serious Eat...
This would be helpful, Evernote will send the info to dev to fix the bug as soon as possible.
Thanks,

#17 andyjb

andyjb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

yeah exactly the same here, seems good for collating restaurants I want to go to and also bringing together all my recipes.

but at the moment I have 12 recipes in my evernote account, and only 3 are showing up in my cookbook and have no idea how it syncs or will find them and seems pretty redundant as a daily use application unless this fairly basic facet is sorted, and quick, however pretty is looks.

quite simply, how do we mark recipe notes so that they get added to the 'my cookbook' ?

it would seem eminently logical to allocate one notebook which gets automatically scanned and added to 'my cookbook', or indeed the tag 'recipes', so there is a manual way to add stuff and make sure nothing is missed by the aforementioned algorithm

please update the app or provide instructions

cheers as is a potentially great ap

#18 blackcows

blackcows

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Agree with what others have said. I decided to give this app a try as I do keep many recipes in EN but it really is of no use to me as it only seems to pull in what the program sees as necessary. In my situation I have a notebook called "Recipes" and about 10 tags such as "R - Main Dish", "R - Side DIsh", "R - Crock Pot", etc so as of now EN actually does a much better job of organizing my recipes as compared to EN Food.

#19 c kelly

c kelly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Same problem.
The webclipping i did shows up but many many scanned and tagged 'recipe' notes do not show. It seems totally pointless if it does not recognise tags nor the word recipe all through the pdf (search terms evernote can see) - its a no brainer

#20 Emmanuel_360org

Emmanuel_360org

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Great replies ... we all see the same issue. Difficult to understand why such an evident feature was overlooked by developpers. As many, I already have recipes in Evernote and linking this notebook to My Cookbook is a must have option, otherwise I don't see the point of keeping this app. Hope that Evernote people are listening.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote