Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

how to "find within note" todo/checkbox?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 drivera

drivera

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

how to "find within note" todo/checkbox?

dont want to do anything special with checkboxes, just want to find them within a single note like you can for text within a single note.
see image: Attached File  FindWithinNote.png   2.63KB   15 downloads

notice how it counts how many instances of the found items? how can this be done/what is the syntax to find checkboxes/todo items?

#2 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I put checkboxes at the top of my notes for fast visibility and use the search term:
todo:false

#3 drivera

drivera

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

thank you jbenson2, but iwas not talking about using the search box, but rather the find within note function when you hit ctrl-f

#4 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

No way that I know of -- in-note find is text only as far as I can tell.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 emerick

emerick

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Jeff's correct, find-in-note is text only.
- Emerick Rogul (Evernote)

#6 DanB1969

DanB1969

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

More generally, is there any way to search for todo checkboxes and just display a list of the text associated with the checkboxes? Rather than the current todo:false which just lists every note which contains an unchecked box.

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

More generally, is there any way to search for todo checkboxes and just display a list of the text associated with the checkboxes? Rather than the current todo:false which just lists every note which contains an unchecked box.

Not in the Evernote client, no. You might check the Trunk for third-party programs that do so, but I don't know of any.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote