Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Evernote not synching between XP and Mac / IPod Touch

Windows evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 naza

naza

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi,
So I have EN on my work laptop running windows XP, on my personal laptop at home (Mac Book Air) and on my Ipod Touch. Recently due to the bug reported in this thread (http://discussion.ev...4607670-update/), I had to downgrade EN on my XP machine.

I found out that notes created on the XP machine are not synching to my macbook air and also not to my ipod touch.

is this a known issue? and is there a solution?

I could upgrade my EN version on the XP machine but then I loose the Clipper functionality.

any ideas please?

many thanks for reading

naza

#2 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

We have a 4.6.1 Beta 1 that fixes the clipper issue on XP http://discussion.ev...ows-461-beta-1/

Your sync issue sounds like something completely separate though
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

My question would be - is the Evernote web version picking up these notes on sync or has the XP machine stopped sending updates altogether? If XP is syncing with the web, then your problem is with the other clients, not this one.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#4 naza

naza

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

We have a 4.6.1 Beta 1 that fixes the clipper issue on XP http://discussion.ev...ows-461-beta-1/

Well I created a note on my ipod and it immediately synched on the mac and did not synch on the XP machine so I upgraded my XP machine to 4.6.0.7670 and now synching worked... partially - 2 notes did not synch for whatever reason (will look into this separately)

clipper does not work but there is a beta release. will deploy that and report back

#5 naza

naza

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well I created a note on my ipod and it immediately synched on the mac and did not synch on the XP machine so I upgraded my XP machine to 4.6.0.7670 and now synching worked... partially - 2 notes did not synch for whatever reason (will look into this separately)

clipper does not work but there is a beta release. will deploy that and report back

OK installed 4.6.1.7705 and clipper is working and notes are synched between XP / Mac /IPod :)

there is a bug I noticed on iOS though - there wasn't any issue synching my notes as I earlier thought there is an issue on the count of notes in iOS - let me try to explain

If I look at the Notebooks screen I have 3 notebooks and each has several notes. On the right next to the arrow symbol I can see a count of the notes and one particular notebook shows 11 (indicating I have 11 notes in that notebook), if however, I open the notebook, it shows 13 notes (which is correct since I counted the notes also to be sure). It means the count displayed on the Notebooks page is incorrect

Is this a known issue? My version in iOS is 5.1.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote