Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Can't Record Audio Notes Galaxy Nexus

evernote audio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Conrad88

Conrad88

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hello Everyone -

I'm using Evernote on my unlocked Galaxy Nexus and when I record audio notes it tells me that the audio note is 0 seconds long and there is always a "couldn't play the track you requested" error.

I'm using version 4.4.1 of Evernote and 4.2.1 of Android

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance

#2 EvernoteASH

EvernoteASH

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I am having a related problem with an Android based device not playing Evernote audio files generated on other devices.(It will, at least, play audio notes recorded on the device itself.) I have the latest version Evernote, Premium user, on an iPod, a Windows laptop, a Windows desktop PC and the 7" Kindle Fire HD (which runs a modifed version of Android).

Audio files generated on the laptop (WAV files) and iPod (WAV files) versions of Evernote play just fine, on both laptop and iPod, as well as desktop PC. This includes files generated through a voice memo iPod app (AIFF files) and sent to Evernote, as well as through the iPod Evernote app recording capability (WAV).

Evernote audio files generated on the iPod and laptop do NOT play on the Kindle, even though the Kindle is supposed to be able to play WAV files.

Audio notes generated in Evernote app on the Kindle Fire HD (.amr files) play on the Kindle and on the laptop and desktop PCs, but not the iPod.

(FWIW, the recording quality is best on the iPod generated audio note. second best on the laptop generated note, and worst on the Kindle Fire HD notes. So I would be perfectly happy to confine my recording of the audio notes to the iPod, but I need to be able to listen to them on the Kindle.)

I am not getting any audio playback on the Kindle Fire Evernote app for Evernote (WAV) or iPod voice memo (AIFF) audio notes generated on any other device. I have the ES File Explorere app on the Kindle Fire HD and have located the iPod generated test recording WAV file, but it will not play. Even if it did, I would not want to have to do that evrytime I wanted to hear an Evernote audio note on the Kindle.

From reading around, I am getting the impression that this is somewhat of an issue with a variety of Android devices, as well as the previous generation Kindle Fire, and not necessarily with the Kindle Fire HD alone. Still, I really need to acccess those audio notes on the Kindle version of Evernote and hope that somebody figures this out soon. I really value Evernote and use it a lot, and cross platform accessibility and compatibility is critical for me.

Thanks.

#3 EvernoteASH

EvernoteASH

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Went ahead and did some last resort testing and achieved success (!) (for my purposes -- not sure this will help other people) and in the process learned the following:

I've been using the iTalk recording app on the iPod Touch 5, which I prefer to the pre-installed app for a variety of reasons. It generates .aaif files, which I then email to my Evernote account. But the Kindle Fire does not play these files (though it is supposed to.) BUT if i use the pre-installed Voice Memo app on the iPod, which generates .m4a files, and email those notes to my Evernote account, the Kindle Fire can read those just fine. And the recording quality of Voice Memo is as high as that of iTalk, and the result sounds great over the Kindle Fire speakers. So, for my needs, success (at last . . .).

(The .m4a files also work on the iPod (of course) and my laptop, although, unlike the .aaif files generated by iTalk, the .m4a files launch an extermal media player, in this case Windows Media.)

BTW in case it matters, my primary need for this type of file is to record live music on the fly (with the artists' permission and encouragement) for documentation purposes.

#4 GalexyNexus

GalexyNexus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hello Everyone -

I'm using Evernote on my unlocked Galaxy Nexus and when I record audio notes it tells me that the audio note is 0 seconds long and there is always a "couldn't play the track you requested" error.

I'm using version 4.4.1 of Evernote and 4.2.1 of Android

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance

I have the exact same problem. Is there a fix for this? Or do I just need to delete this app?

#5 dkintheuk

dkintheuk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Bump...

Same problem today in exact same circumstances. Is this app just not working on a Galaxy Nexus for recording audio?

#6 GalexyNexus

GalexyNexus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Bump...

Same problem today in exact same circumstances. Is this app just not working on a Galaxy Nexus for recording audio?

Must not be working. Apparently it does not work for any of us. I have switched to Catch Notes https://play.google....ana.notes&hl=en It seems to work really well. Google listed Evernote as a best app of 2012. Ironically Evernote doesn't full work on a google signature device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, evernote, audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote