(Archived) [Feature requests] Show/hide menu button & hide satellite icon

travisham

Idea

toolbar_hide_show_request-20121205-101706.png.jpg

...also I'd love the ability to hide the satellite icon. I don't find it helpful, but rather I find it a bit of a nuisance that needs to be clicked every so often so that I no longer see an alert-count concerning things that I shared. I already knew that I shared them, because I shared them. I'm the only one sharing things from my account, so I don't need an alert to tell me what I already know :)

Thanks!

7 replies to this idea

You can do this in the View Menu -> Hide Toolbar or by hitting CMD-OPT-T

Thanks man. I had found how to do it through the menu option, though I try to avoid digging through menus for things I use regularly. I've gotten used to using the hide/show toolbar button in Mail.app and in the iWork suite, but I guess I'll have to add this shortcut to muscle memory instead.

That button has been deprecated in Mountain Lion (including in Mail). We are building for the 10.8 visual style now. Thanks for posting!

Ah, gotcha. Good call then! I really must update my OS again someday as I'm still shamefully back in 10.6.8.

...also I'd love the ability to hide the satellite icon. I don't find it helpful, but rather I find it a bit of a nuisance that needs to be clicked every so often so that I no longer see an alert-count concerning things that I shared. I already knew that I shared them, because I shared them. I'm the only one sharing things from my account, so I don't need an alert to tell me what I already know :)

Amen. That thing is an abomination. I've been complaining about it since day one. To deaf ears, I am afraid. At least, it's good to know I am not the only one who feels it's much better if that thing weren't there.

Archived