Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

[Feature requests] Show/hide menu button & hide satellite icon

evernote share toolbar hide show satellite feature request

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 travisham

travisham

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Posted Image

...also I'd love the ability to hide the satellite icon. I don't find it helpful, but rather I find it a bit of a nuisance that needs to be clicked every so often so that I no longer see an alert-count concerning things that I shared. I already knew that I shared them, because I shared them. I'm the only one sharing things from my account, so I don't need an alert to tell me what I already know :)

Thanks!

#2 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

You can do this in the View Menu -> Hide Toolbar or by hitting CMD-OPT-T

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 travisham

travisham

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

You can do this in the View Menu -> Hide Toolbar or by hitting CMD-OPT-T

Thanks man. I had found how to do it through the menu option, though I try to avoid digging through menus for things I use regularly. I've gotten used to using the hide/show toolbar button in Mail.app and in the iWork suite, but I guess I'll have to add this shortcut to muscle memory instead.

#4 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,506 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

That button has been deprecated in Mountain Lion (including in Mail). We are building for the 10.8 visual style now. Thanks for posting!

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#5 travisham

travisham

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

That button has been deprecated in Mountain Lion (including in Mail). We are building for the 10.8 visual style now. Thanks for posting!

Ah, gotcha. Good call then! I really must update my OS again someday as I'm still shamefully back in 10.6.8.

#6 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,506 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image

#7 travisham

travisham

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I had no idea my antiquated (though still very functional) OS would scare animated gif babies to such a degree!

#8 pgdahl

pgdahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

...also I'd love the ability to hide the satellite icon. I don't find it helpful, but rather I find it a bit of a nuisance that needs to be clicked every so often so that I no longer see an alert-count concerning things that I shared. I already knew that I shared them, because I shared them. I'm the only one sharing things from my account, so I don't need an alert to tell me what I already know :)

Amen. That thing is an abomination. I've been complaining about it since day one. To deaf ears, I am afraid. At least, it's good to know I am not the only one who feels it's much better if that thing weren't there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, evernote, share, toolbar, hide, show, satellite, feature request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote