Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Overthink your pricing

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,141 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

You can still keep it simple by having it billed to the 1 account and just adding a $5 or $10 based on whether it has premium or business premium. Don't really see a problem here.

Maybe. I don't know how hard/easy it is, nor do you. However, that doesn't even address the administration factor. The part that says, "Ok, this ENB customer gets 2 gigs per month & this one doesn't."

IMO, there's really nothing more to discuss here. My comment was triggered b/c a poster above seems to think ENB should be cheaper than Premium, eventhough the ENB package includes more than the Premium package.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#22 dralley

dralley

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have to agree with the general sentiment that EV Business is expensive relative to the features that it provides and that we would utilize. Agreed, the shared business library is quite attractive. But, I can basically achieve this functionality with EV Premium.

As a small office, with a limited number of current EV users, I would love to roll out EV to a larger number of users who basically only require read access, with perhaps a minimal amount of uploading.

A reasonable pricing model to me would be essentially Evernote Premium pricing plus $10 per year for each business user for the additional functionality. After my initial upload, I really only use a small fraction of the upload capacity in the premium model. The shared business libraries along with some of the coordination of users sounds nice, but it isn't worth doubling the annual price of Evernote per users - at least in my opinion.

#23 mlu

mlu

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Agree. Way too expensive. When you can get Google Apps for 4$ per month, who will pay 10$ for a slightly upgraded Evernote? Considering the very low price of Evernote Premium, I simply find the extra price for Business compleley our of proportions. Will not recommend any of my customers to even consider this, although Evernote has been a prime product for us till now. A shame really.

#24 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

If you think it's too expensive or that there aren't enough features then isn't it rather simple? Don't use it.

#25 stativarius

stativarius

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don't see worth in a $10/month business account either, especially since I'm trying to run a household, not a company.

I just tried to set up Evernote for my family of four and was told that sponsored groups have been replaced by Evernote Business. I don't know about anyone else, but my family does not need $40/month worth of business accounts.

I also don't need to administer four separate accounts with separate billing... for my 2 children, my wife and myself. Nor do I want any of us to have to deal with the restrictions of the free plan. My children are homeschooled and will need offline notes. Their iPod Touches and iPads aren't always connected to wifi, I cant rely on a persistent connection for them to complete school work I should have been able to assign through an Evernote group account.

Even if I did set up four separate premium accounts with four separate billing plans, I still can't receive the discount that was available for groups of 3 or more. So now I have to pay $20/month for four people, or $180/year. There is no way my kids are going to use $90 to $120 worth of note organizing every year.

I wish I had opened a sponsored group account in November of 2012, when I first learned about them (before the creation of their carnivorous EnB plans).

•Premium plan is for individuals
•Business plan is for businesses
•What plan is there for groups and families?

Bring back sponsored groups, Evernote! Please!!

#26 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi Stativarius,

Check out what I mentioned after your other post.

Regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#27 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,141 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Stativarius, please stop posting the same thing in multiple threads. I've seen ths exact reply posted by you today in at least four threads - it's bordering on spamming the board. It's not helpful either b/c replies to you are littered all over the board. You even posted this in a new thread you started. I have also replied to two of your other posts. The bottom line is that you'd need 100 accounts to get a deeper discount than premium is. So I don't know why you're so annoyed. Just set up premium accounts & pay annually. That would be cheaper than a sponsored account for four people which was $5/month.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#28 stativarius

stativarius

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Stativarius, please stop posting the same thing in multiple threads.

My apologies!  I am obviously new to the forums and it seemed like there were too many discussions for anyone to see all of my posts... my misunderstanding has been corrected.  Thank you for responding anyway!

#29 cdissler

cdissler

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

This topic got out of hand quickly, even after "Not for everyone" had been expressed. Brick killed a guy with a trident. Let's not get volatile people. Remain in Love. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote