Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Can I delete all bolding or all underlining in a document?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Y8ggIHLz

Y8ggIHLz

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Using it on Windows. Can I find all bold or underlined words and make them normal?
thanks

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

No way that I know of to find/select only text with those specific attributes, and remove them.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Copy the note contents, then try 'remove formatting' (the copy is in case you don't like the results...)

Or. If you have Word or an equivalent WP, copy the text into that app and do a global search/ replace for styles. Then copy/ paste the results back into your note.

If the text really needs to be just text, use Notepad or any text-based editor. Dump the copy into that and recopy/ paste back. Your styles - including large text, underlines and bold/ italics will be gone.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#4 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Fair enough, gazumped, you would need to roll out "the nuclear option". :)
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,652 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

:) I'm a firm believer in the 'Take-off and nuke it from orbit' school of negotiation.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#6 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I looked up the term "gazumped" and now I am starting to think that you are the gazumper, not the gazumpee... :)
~Jeff

#7 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,652 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

LOL - never claimed to have experienced one end of the deal or another; actually chose the name because it has a nice feel to it - somewhere around tired / gutted / slumped, which was how I felt at the time...

#8 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I was happy to find out that it is a Scrabble word... it'd be a good one to drop on someone...
~Jeff

#9 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,652 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

In case you need a backup - gazunder is the 'opposite' of gazump: someone agreeing to buy, but then threatening to abort the transaction at the last minute unless the price goes down.

Ah the heady days of inflation, being paid, able to spend real money.. I remember the good times!

#10 jefito

jefito

• 10,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

I suppose there's also 'gazinta', a synonym for 'divides', as in "7 gazinta 28 exactly 4 times"
~Jeff

#11 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,652 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

<groan> Nuked!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote