(Archived) Mac 5.0.2 and a personal note

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5

Hello Evernote Mac world!

I wanted to personally thank you all for the incredible feedback we've received about the new v5 Evernote client for Mac. This release comes less than 3 weeks (who needed Thanksgiving anyway?) after our initial v5 launch and I hope it shows you, our users, that we care and are listening. Aside from re-implementing back/forward navigation, bringing back note counts in a much more beautiful way, and fixing a TON of bugs along the way (you can celebrate now), we are announcing an incredible new feature: Related Notes.

Please let us know what you think of the new Related Notes in Evernote Mac. We can't respond to every thread and we can't implement every feature request, but I assure you, we read every one of your posts. We are Evernote users just like you and we care about it just as much as you do. Keep posting, and we'll keep building.

Thanks again,

Jack(olicious)

Product Manager for Evernote Mac

Evernote Mac 5.0.2 Release Notes

New Features

New Premium feature: Related Notes in the note editor

Navigation buttons (back/forward) are back

Drag-and-drop Notes onto Notebooks and Tags in the Sidebar

Added an option to show Note counts in the Sidebar

Added a Trash button to the Note Editor

Other Improvements

Nested tags stay visible

Fixed Atlas for Portuguese users

Fixed Local Notebook creation

Fixed "notebook:" and "tag:" searching

Better high-DPI image handling in the Note Editor

Reduced CPU/memory usage

Various bug and localization fixes

This is available here and in the Mac App Store as soon as it is approved.

58 replies to this idea

• Level 5

JMichael, your memory is failing you ;) (Is there an app for that?) Here's a short list of big ones from the past couple of months:

- Shortcuts (more powerful favorites bar)

- Type ahead search (autocomplete your thoughts)

- Consolidating the Account and Shared tabs (remember those :) ???)

- Search across Personal and Joined Notebooks

- Full screen single note view

- Joined Notebooks can be added to stacks

- Mountain Lion Notifications

- Strikethrough

- Indent

- Highlight multiple rows of text and click the checkbox

With love, your friendly neighborhood Evernoter

... and I hope it shows you, our users, that we care and are listening.

...fixing a TON of bugs along the way (you can celebrate now),

...we are announcing an incredible new feature: Related Notes.

I think we have slipped down the rabbit-hole and entered an Orwellian nightmare.

1. If you cared and were listening, you would never have released v5.0 that removed so many important features and introduced masses of bugs.

2. Why would I want to celebrate EN introducing bugs and then fixing them? If the police arrested me for no reason and then released me from jail after 3 days would I "celebrate"?

3. I don't want "incredible" new features. I just want the old features back that were fab, and a stable program that is not full of bugs and keeps crashing.

“Do you think I've gone round the bend?"

"I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

While I am finding Related Notes useful, I would really like to have a way to turn them off. It is very distracting to have those cards down there with the big bold titles when I am trying to do any kind of writing that involves actual thinking. I can kind of hide them now by scrolling them off-screen, but that's just one more fidgety thing I have to do.

I am experiencing the same issues others above have reported. I'm on a 2.4g intel mac with 2g ram running Snow Leopard. Very frustrated.

One additional thing I noticed, besides the fact that Evernote won't start and becomes unresponsive: In the Activity Monitor, I can't kill the EvernoteHelper process.

• Level 5*

While I am finding Related Notes useful, I would really like to have a way to turn them off. It is very distracting to have those cards down there with the big bold titles when I am trying to do any kind of writing that involves actual thinking. I can kind of hide them now by scrolling them off-screen, but that's just one more fidgety thing I have to do.

You can switch Related Notes off - take a look in your Evernote Preferences, General tab.

You can turn Related Notes off from the Evernote preferences.

We're aware of the lockup issue and working on it.

In the interim, you can downgrade to 5.0.1 using this link: http://goo.gl/JhUHk

I don't want them all off. I want to be able to easily switch them on and off for an individual note. Just make "Related Notes" at the bottom a "link" that opens and closes them on individual notes.

Yes, after successfully implementing the 2nd method, I've quit and

reopened a number of times, as well as restarted my mac, etc.

All seems to be working OK now.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble. Hope you're able to get it

sorted out.

Evernote won't open after installing 5.0.2? Here's what

worked for me...

http://discussion.ev...st-version-502/

Did you quit the app and then try to reopen? I thought the second method had worked for me as everything looked okay. Then I quit the app and tried to reopen. The problem returned.

You can turn Related Notes off from the Evernote preferences.

We're aware of the lockup issue and working on it.

In the interim, you can downgrade to 5.0.1 using this link: http://goo.gl/JhUHk

I don't want them all off. I want to be able to easily switch them on and off for an individual note. Just make "Related Notes" at the bottom a "link" that opens and closes them on individual notes.

+1. I would like to turn them off when I am composing a new note. I would like to turn them off on notes where they make no sense (like release checklists and other kinds of things). I would like to turn them off when I'm trying to focus.

But for now my only recourse is to turn them off entirely which is a bit of a shame, because I think they are useful in many places. What about a drawer that can be opened/closed to reveal the notes?

Another thought on related notes: it could be very useful to be able to see more than three related notes. I don't know how you are determining relevance under the hood, but the ability to bring up a list of related items sorted by relevance would be an awesome feature for discovering those notes, journal entries, etc. I've collected but forgotten all about.

• Level 5*

The only thing I miss now is that AND/OR search possibility I wrote already few times :)

Andy, I too have asked for, and would dearly love to have, full Boolean Search in Evernote.

Many, many others have also asked for this.

However, in case you didn't notice, EN is on a trend of simplying and reducing features, rather than adding them (unless, of course, the feature was completely their idea, not ours). :(

Thanks GM. I have the same problems on my 15" MacBook Pro:

-- 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Mid 2009) -- 4Gb RAM -- ML 10.8.2

as I do on my 27" iMac:

-- 3.06GHz Intel Core Duo (Late 2009) -- 12Gb RAM -- ML 10.8.2

I downloaded the two files separately (i.e. I didn't copy one download file from one machine to the other). The note disappearing issue has only happened to me if I have a note open in a separate window (Cmd-click). But that's how I work 99% of the time.

• Level 5*

JMichael, your memory is failing you ;) (Is there an app for that?) Here's a short list of big ones from the past couple of months:

- Strikethrough

- Indent

- VERTICAL LIST VIEW ON THE WAY -- STAY TUNED!

It's a smack down in Jack's thread! I agree, and I'd like to add that Evernote should definitely NOT implement every suggestion that we give you. Contradictory, I know, coming from someone who has made dozens, but that's life. As for Boolean search, Evernote staff have long said they have no plans to do it. And, we already have it through Spotlight, right? But, more importantly, that would be an API change, and not something to hang on the OSX team's neck. Save room for more likely, and more necessary improvements. I wonder what ought to come next...

The problem with the more powerful favorites bar is that it's in the left pane. In 3.3, the bar is available even when the left pane is hidden. In 5.0, shortcuts are unavailable when the left pane is hidden. At least that's my recollection. I used 5.0 only briefly and reverted to 3.3. A toggle for the old favorites bar that fits in with the new design scheme would be wonderful.

- Strikethrough

- Indent

What functionality am I not seeing about the shortcuts that makes them more powerful than the favorites bar? I'd like to take advantage of that.

• Level 5

Functionally:

They are drop targets.

They can handle notes, notebooks, tags, saved searches, trash, and expandable stacks.

They have keyboard shortcuts.

You can create up to 250.

They are scrollable.

All in all, Shortcuts are a much more effective way of getting easy access to the things you use most.

• Level 5*

Functionally:

They are drop targets.

They can handle notes, notebooks, tags, saved searches, trash, and expandable stacks.

They are scrollable.

All in all, Shortcuts are a much more effective way of getting easy access to the things you use most.

And?

My favorite aspect of all: manual ordering of the items. Very powerful, indeed, and only available on the Mac. Nowhere else (as far as I know) can users manually arrange their notes.

• Level 5*

JMichael, your memory is failing you ;) (Is there an app for that?)

Of course it is. Why do you think I started using Evernote, and quickly upgraded to a Premium Account! :D

Here's a short list of big ones from the past couple of months:

I will acknowledge that Evernote has added a few features in the past that were requested by your users.

However, I will point out that your CEO Phil Libin has stated repeatedly in interviews:

(paraphrasing)

1. "We design Evernote for ourselves"
  2. "Users don't know what they want"
  3. "When we get a suggestion from a user, we will evaluate it, and if it is something that we find useful for ourselves, then we might implement it."

For the record (GM), I have NEVER asked that ALL requests be implemented.

I have only asked for those features that have been requested by many people over long periods of time.

And, even of those, I never expect 100% to be implemented, just a high percentage.

My main point is, and continues to be, that Evernote has established a trend with Sketch v2, EN Mac v5, and EN iPad v5 to remove critical core features, and put more importance on UI than on functionalilty.

Jack, for the features in v5 that you claim you added due to user request, here are my comments (in blue);

• I don't remember anyone asking for this
  • Many have complained that the Shortcuts panel is not as useful as the Fav Bar

• I believe this was Evernote's idea first implemented in EN Web client
  • I like auto-complete of what I'm typing, but I HATE the incremental Search as I type.
  • If you could implement the smart Search Builder (advanced auto-complete) proposed by May, I (and many others) would be superelated!!!

• Yes, this has been requested every since Shared NB was first released. Thank you.

• Part of the same feature as above

• Yes, this was requested by a few, although I never saw much difference between zooming the Note Window to fill the screen and "full screen" mode.

• Part of the same feature as above

• Yes, this was requested by a few, but, IMO, is a much lower priority than a lot of the other requests

- Strikethrough

• Yes, this was requested by a few, but, IMO, is a much lower priority than a lot of the other requests

- Indent

• I don't even know what this means.

• Thanks Jack, you're a real trooper.
  • I'm glad we can have a friendly disagreement

Functionally:

They are drop targets.

They are scrollable.

Tell me more about them having keyboard shortcuts.

Per instructions by GrumpyMonkey here --

I was able to move Evernote into trash (using MacBook Pro). Downloaded an older stable version 3.3.0 (300201) of Evernote, installed it, was able to open Evernote for the first time in two days, all notes appear intact.

Thanks Grumpy!!

Pam

Has anyone ever experienced that are times that the blinking cursor disappears (still have mouse cursor)? I have several note links (organizing groups of note links around themes) and the blinking courser disappears so you do not know where you are in the note. Really odd (and frustrating).

• Level 5*

Per instructions by GrumpyMonkey here --

http://discussion.ev...-x/#entry173494

I was able to move Evernote into trash (using MacBook Pro). Downloaded an older stable version 3.3.0 (300201) of Evernote, installed it, was able to open Evernote for the first time in two days, all notes appear intact.

Thanks Grumpy!!

Pam

Glad I could help. I was just passing on wisdom, though, from the smart folks at customer service, the forums, and Jack (he's the one that supplied the link to the home brew).

Regarding the 5.0.2 hang (partly repeating an earlier post): Trashing, restarting, and reinstalling 5.0.2 didn't solve the problem for me. Being somewhat lazy, I didn't yet try the second solution at which involves using AppTrap.

Instead, after force-quitting 5.0.2, I located version 5.0.1 in the Trash (which I lazily hadn't emptied yet), put it in a subfolder within Applications, and launched it. That works fine. No need to locate and revert to anything earlier; no need to re-sync all my notes either. Users who are quick to get rid of earlier versions won't be able to do this, unless the Evernote website contains some hidden page containing earlier-version downloads.

If anyone on the Evernote for Mac team needs it, I can fire up v5.0.2, wait for hang (which is pretty immediate), force-quit it, copy the crash log info into a text file, and post that. At least I assume I can, since I see that someone else has attached a log file to a post.

"Users who are quick to get rid of earlier versions won't be able to do this [and will have to re-sync all notes ] unless the Evernote website contains some hidden page containing earlier version downloads."

I put the new version in the trash, downloaded and installed version 3.3.0. When I opened EN, all the notes were fine, just as they were when I closed the program (before I upgraded). I didn't need to re-sync anything. Maybe I was just lucky ...

pre-5.0 rock-solid. 5.0.1 Mac has been crashing randomly for days but recovering. 5.0.2 killed Evernote today. Had to reinstall.

Secondly, there is a bug on making new notes (post-5.0) within the app. When you enter text for the note title, then hit "enter" or "tab," it closes the note and you have to find it in again in the list.

Hi. I had 5.0.1 and just downloaded the 5.0.2. Evernote is unrecoverable. I launch it, no window appears, and hold-clicking the dock icon reports the app is not responding/force quit. Tried deleting and re-installing twice. Restarted, no difference. Help.

Hi. I had 5.0.1 and just downloaded the 5.0.2. Evernote is unrecoverable. I launch it, no window appears, and hold-clicking the dock icon reports the app is not responding/force quit. Tried deleting and re-installing twice. Restarted, no difference. Help.

You can follow GrumpyMonkey's guide to delete your old Evernote and reinstall.

Many thanks for these quick updates. I definitely notice the improvements, and have upgraded to 5.0 full time now.

Still getting used to the related notes, my brain isn't used to seeing information there, but I think it will be quite handy (and not bad for a minor point update!)

Unfortunately, the back/forward navigation does not work on the individual note windows, which the only place I really need it. The keyboard shortcuts don't work there either.

Unfortunately, the back/forward navigation does not work on the individual note windows, which the only place I really need it. The keyboard shortcuts don't work there either.

Please add back/forward back on individual note windows.

I use them more on individual windows then main windows, and there must be some people like me.

• Level 5*

I wanted to personally thank you all for the incredible feedback we've received about the new v5 Evernote client for Mac. This release comes less than 3 weeks (who needed Thanksgiving anyway?) after our initial v5 launch and I hope it shows you, our users, that we care and are listening.

Jack, thanks for the efforts of yourself and the entire Evernote dev team. We appreciate the extra effort.

However, unless it's a major emergency, I don't expect you to give up major holidays like Thanksgiving.

Aside from re-implementing back/forward navigation, bringing back note counts in a much more beautiful way, and fixing a TON of bugs along the way (you can celebrate now), we are announcing an incredible new feature: Related Notes.

Please let us know what you think of the new Related Notes in Evernote Mac.

I'm glad you specifically asked for comments on the new Related Notes feature.

It seems cool, and although I don't see that much use for it now, maybe the more I use it the more I will value it.

BUT, really, it is NOT something that I urgently need.

It certainly is not anywhere close to as important or useful as a Vertical List view, which has been requested for YEARS by a multitude of users.

I really don't understand why you guys continue to come up nice, but not that useful, features and UI when there is such a long list of feature requests by many, many users. I'm talking about features that have many, many requests.

We can't respond to every thread and we can't implement every feature request, but I assure you, we read every one of your posts. We are Evernote users just like you and we care about it just as much as you do. Keep posting, and we'll keep building.

To be honest, you guys keep saying that you are listening to our requests, but, overall, your actions don't support the assertion.

Yes, you responded to some of the shock that you cause by removing features from EN Mac v3.

BUT, why did you do it in the first place? For the longest time we have been asking for parity of the EN Mac client with EN Win, and some other very useful features.

Instead, you guys responded with cutting features instead of adding features to bring EN Mac up to the feature set of EN Win.

So, you created a lot of your own problems.

Evernote Mac 5.0.2 Release Notes

Here is my rating of changes to ver 5.0.2:

New Features

New Premium feature: Related Notes in the note editor -- OK ★★, but LOW priority, LOW use

Navigation buttons (back/forward) are back -- LIKE ★★★★

Drag-and-drop Notes onto Notebooks and Tags in the Sidebar -- OK ★★

Added an option to show Note counts in the Sidebar -- OK ★★, but need TOTAL count in Title Bar

Added a Trash button to the Note Editor -- LIKE ★★★★

Other Improvements

Nested tags stay visible -- BAD, shown but NOT really visible (see screen shot below)

--- 5 STARS for ALL Bug Fixes ---

Fixed Atlas for Portuguese users --

Fixed Local Notebook creation --

Fixed "notebook:" and "tag:" searching

Better high-DPI image handling in the Note Editor

Reduced CPU/memory usage

Various bug and localization fixes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My biggest, on-going complaint is that you guys seem to value "cool, trendy, beautiful" looks OVER readabilty.

Take your new Tags screen for example. Really? I can't read it because of the very low contrast between text color and background color. Why can't you guys just use black text over white background in general. It's OK to use occasionally use some other color combination as long as it results on HIGH CONTRAST TEXT.

Please take pity on users over 21 and/or have less than perfect eyesight, or who use small, dimly lit laptops/tables, and provide us with high contrast text.

Here's a screen shot of the Tags Screen:

EN_Mac_5_Tag_Low_Contrast.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi Jack. Good job on the quick revisions, and thanks for making so many nice improvements. You are a little slow in posting this (I think people took your advice literally, and have been hitting the "check for updates" button every few minutes for a couple of days now), so you'll have to see my comments about Related Notes there. In a word: great! But, I did have a bug to report as well :(

• Level 5*

Whatever just got pushed out has also hung my MAC Evernote. Three force closes. I'm waiting to see if someone comes up with a solution to this.

Please see the link here if you'd like to tackle this on your own. Depending on the size of your account, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get back up on your feet.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

Aside from re-implementing back/forward navigation, bringing back note counts in a much more beautiful way, and fixing a TON of bugs along the way (you can celebrate now), we are announcing an incredible new feature: Related Notes.

Please let us know what you think of the new Related Notes in Evernote Mac.

I'm glad you specifically asked for comments on the new Related Notes feature.

It seems cool, and although I don't see that much use for it now, maybe the more I use it the more I will value it.

BUT, really, it is NOT something that I urgently need.

It certainly is not anywhere close to as important or useful as a Vertical List view, which has been requested for YEARS by a multitude of users.

I really don't understand why you guys continue to come up nice, but not that useful, features and UI when there is such a long list of feature requests by many, many users. I'm talking about features that have many, many requests.

In contrast with JMichal, the related notes are very useful to me. Thanks a lot, Jack.

I use my Evernote as my wikipedia. And I didn't make note links between all related notes. After two hours of use, I can say I love this new feature. It reminds me a lot information I would not notice before. It's wonderful.

• Level 5*

In contrast with JMichal, the related notes are very useful to me. Thanks a lot, Jack.

I use my Evernote as my wikipedia. And I didn't make note links between all related notes. After two hours of use, I can say I love this new feature. It reminds me a lot information I would not notice before. It's wonderful.

As I said above, I might find it more useful the more I use it.

However, I see some potential issues with it:

• Reliability -- since I don't control the criteria for the "Related Notes", I can't be use that all of the notes that I would expect to find will be listed.
  • False Confidence
    • It could lead to a false confidence over time.
    • It might find some notes that you expect, leading you to belive that the list is complete

I'm not saying that it is not useful, I just don't think it is as useful to as many users as something like a Vertical List view.

For users like GrumpyMonkey and me who have a lot of non-image, mostly text Notes, having a Vertical List that shows lots of notes (>25) per screen is very, very useful, and is something that I would use every day.

Finally, implementing a simple List View has got to be much simpler/easier than a Related Notes feature.

The Vertical List view has already been implemented in EN Win, so all that needs to be done it implement the existing design on the Mac (and on iPad).

Please add back/forward back on individual note windows.

I use them more on individual windows then main windows, and there must be some people like me.

Very much agree - the embedded links are in the notes; partial fix. Once I open a note ...all the problems previously discussed for 5.0;0.1 still apply (would be great right before and on the same level as notebook pull-down).

• Level 5*

For users like GrumpyMonkey and me who have a lot of non-image, mostly text Notes, having a Vertical List that shows lots of notes (>25) per screen is very, very useful, and is something that I would use every day.

Oh. It would be so very useful. I wouldn't have to use Windows through Parallels anymore :)

Finally, implementing a simple List View has got to be much simpler/easier than a Related Notes feature.

I cannot say what is easy or not, but I will say this -- I saw it coming. Evernote announced that it would be coming when they presented at ETC in August, and we knew that Business was coming this month, so it had to come in the middle. Frankly, I am surprised they managed to get so much done in so little time. I won't say I agree with all of the decisions, but I will say that (given all the assumptions I laid out in the other thread) they want to give us the "best" app they think they can make, so if they have designed an obviously crucial component of the app out of it (back/forward buttons, a customizable toolbar, etc.) then it may well have been because they had competing demands on their time.

Of course, that is all just speculation on my part. The point is that it probably wasn't so much a decision between List View and Related Notes, because they decided a long time not to do Vertical List View. I think they remain unconvinced that it would really help users out, so it is probably more of a disagreement somewhere.

I feel like there must be an intellectual equivalent of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch that will bring the developers to their knees and perhaps make them susceptible to a Vulcan Mind Meld.

Kirk: You're suffering from a Vulcan Mild Meld (after Spock "died")

Bones: That green-blooded son of a *****. It's his revenge for all those arguments he lost!

I'm coming for you iOS and OSX team members :)

Your prompt responses are appreciated, Jack.

Unfortunately though, a new bug - I have a tag consisting of asterisks I use for "must read/act on". On my Android phone, the tag count for this tag is present & correct. On the web interface, all present & correct. But on the Mac, it reads zero, even though the notes are present and carry the tag. Tried re-installing with no joy. Tried re-installing after removing my Library User file with no joy.

Still reading zero.

Incidentally, and **something you should be aware of** all of this installing/re-installing and deleting User files necessitating a re-sync doesn't half eat into your monthly allowance.

I too am having the lockup problem with Evernote for Mac 5.0.2. I have a September 2007 MacBook Pro with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of SDRAM, running OS X 10.8.2. Merely reinstalling the application as downloaded from the website didn't work for me. This evening I'll try the fix involving AppTrap (2nd suggestion at ) and may report back.

Hi, Evernote. I just did the 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 update and can no longer use Evernote. App starts but get no window. Soaks up lots of cpu and shows unresponsive in Activity Monitor. Force quit needed to kill it off. I deleted it and reinstalled, but have the same problem.

How can I return to 5.0.1?

Here's a fun bug in 5.0.2: if you rename a tag to change the case ("Red" to "red"), it just spawns a new instance of the tag. Restarting gives you only one of the properly renamed tag.

Workaround until it's fixed: change "Red" to "red2" to "red".

Oh, and there's something wonky going on with tagging and internal database errors that cause a crash but I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet.

I installed Evernote 5.0.2 earlier this afternoon on my iMac. Now Evernote will not open. I can still use my notes on the Web, but can't access Evernote on the iMac itself.

This is not good. I rely on Evernote and have important research notes in it. Have I lost everything? What am I supposed to do to get Evernot working again?

I am not celebrating.

If you don't have any local notebooks, it sounds like you might want to try a full reinstall? Out of curiosity, how many tags do you have in your account?

I did just that, moving my old account out of the ~/library tree first. It took a while to sync all the notes (3,000+). I have roughly 900 tags. Seems to have worked fine.

I'm in All Notes. I delete a note. It sits there in my note list and says "This note is deleted. You cannot edit it unless you restore it."

I'd like it to leave my notes list when I delete it.

I tried syncing to see if that would fix it and now I'm beach-balling with no end in sight.

Evernote won't open after installing 5.0.2? Here's what

worked for me...

http://discussion.ev...st-version-502/

I removed Evernote from my iMac and reinstalled. It still will not open.

Any help?

Looks like many people have the exact same problem. How does release like this gets published without basic testing? Please issue a fix soon, I believe we are all waiting.

I installed Evernote 5.0.2 earlier this afternoon on my iMac. Now Evernote will not open. I can still use my notes on the Web, but can't access Evernote on the iMac itself.

This is not good. I rely on Evernote and have important research notes in it. Have I lost everything? What am I supposed to do to get Evernot working again?

I am not celebrating.

I'm finding the latest version a bit flaky to be honest. I'll be editing a note and it will randomly close mid-edit. A little "Evenote" icon sometimes appears on the screen for a few seconds and then goes away when this happens.

EN also refused to quit after getting stuck in an endless sync loop this morning necessitating a Force Quit.

And further to my note about the "*****" tag problem earlier, it was interesting that adding the same tag to different notes and deleting individual tags made no difference in the desktop app. The count stayed at zero and it wouldn't let me delete the tag by right-clicking on it in the tag page either.

So I deleted the tag en masse via the web interface and resynced. Lo and behold, the "*****" tag had gone. (Please note that "*****" is an actual tag I use and not a swear word :P ).

I then started re-adding the tag in the desktop app and the tag reappeared but still with a count of zero, and unable to be deleted. Bizarre.

Archived