(Archived) Problem: Evernote 4.6 for Windows and Clipper 5.4 for Firefox

gewappnet

Today I have installed the update of Evernote 4.6 for Windows (XP) and now the Firefox Clipper 5.4 does not work anymore. I always get the the message "Evernote is not installed correctly. Please reinstall Evernote and clip again." I have already reinstalled Evernote for Windows, the Firefox plugin and did several reboots - no change.

I just signed up as a premium member on an annual plan, installed the latest version of evernote and evernote clipper has stopped working.

What kind of joke is this? Can you guys test your application properly before release?

Pls fix this asap or give us a download link to the previous version of evernote if this is going to take a few days to fix!!

Experiencing the same problem(s) : suddenly, Evernote clipping stopped working!

Firefox 17.0.1 : error message is "Evernote is not installed correctly. Please reinstall Evernote and clip again"

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 : error message is "Evernote services are not running. Please launch Evernote and try again"

Chrome 23.0.1271.95 m : No error but it *never* directly saves to my destop app, it saves to the web and I have to sync to have my notes show into my desktop Evernote app.

Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3

Same issue here with XP SP3, Firefox 17.01, Evernote 4.6.0.7670

I have also noticed that the evernote Clipper process seems to be missing from my Windows processes. Re-installation of Evernote and Evernote Clipper add-on didn't change symptoms.

I have the same problem; i.e. I get the "Evernote is not installed correctly" message with the latest Evernote and Web Clipper versions on XP SP3, Windows 7, and FF 17.0.1

A workaround is to use the Clearly addon, but this doesn't clip directly to the desktop client; consequently, I have to sync constantly.

I uninstalled the latest version of Evernote and reinstalled the previous version (4.5.10), but then found Evernote wasn't saving any edits; e.g. I like to delete extraneous "stuff", but after switching to a different note then returning to the edited note, all the deleted material had returned. This bug was supposedly fixed in an earlier version, where it was apparently caused by ampersands (&) in the note (really?!), but this bug occurs even in notes without an ampersand.

So, I have a choice of being unable to use Web Clipper or being unable to edit clips. I chose to reinstall the latest update and currently use Clearly, while attempting to suppress my frustration at having to sync every time I want to check a recently-clipped note.

FYI to Support (Browncoat?) Having the similar problems in both my FireFox-17.0.1 (Message "Evernote is not installed correctly. Please reinstall Evernote and clip again") & IE-8.0.6001.18702 (Message "Evernote Services are not running. Please launch Evernote and try again"). I have "Removed" the new Evernote and reinstalled, as well as removed and reinstalled the Firefox Add-on several times.

Not sure it will help, but I noticed that in my XP "Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs", I have BOTH "Evernote" and "Evernote v. 4.6". I cannot remove the "Evernote" instance (it shows a Version: FSSH; with 80MB). When I try to remove, I get a Windows Installer dialogue that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Evernote.msi" in the box below. Use source: [[C:\Documents and settings\MYID\Local Settings\Temp\]]; note - there IS an Evernote.msi in that TEMP directory.

Lots of errors in EvernoteSetup.log (could be from some earlier registry corruption on my part), but logs ends with:

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Process execution was successful.

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Marking product version 3.5.5.2672 as uninstalled

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Removing link: C:\Documents and Settings\AMV\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\EvernoteInstaller.lnk

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Checking for already installed products

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Did not detect any installed versions of Evernote 3.5 or 4.

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Extracting resource with ID 129 of type BIN to file C:\DOCUME~1\AMV\LOCALS~1\Temp\Evernote.msi

[12/12/2012 17:09:41] Target file already exists. Deleting.

[12/12/2012 17:09:46] Using MSI package from C:\DOCUME~1\AMV\LOCALS~1\Temp\Evernote.msi

[12/12/2012 17:09:46] Executing C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\DOCUME~1\AMV\LOCALS~1\Temp\Evernote.msi" ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:1033

[12/12/2012 17:10:22] Process execution was successful.

[12/12/2012 17:10:22] Checking if the installer should launch Evernote.

[12/12/2012 17:10:22] Current process's SID: S-1-5-21-1538927125-567676544-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX(masked)

[12/12/2012 17:10:22] Logged in user's SID: S-1-5-21-1538927125-567676544-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX(masked)

[12/12/2012 17:10:22] Launching Evernote.

[12/12/2012 17:10:23] Installation completed.

Here's what you have to do to get clipper works for you again.

Just change the destination for the clips to Evernote web. You can change this at the clipper options. In firefox, fust open it through Tools / Add-on / find the clipper options. I think this should work on any other browser as well.

I guess there is something wrong with the integration between the web clipper and the desktop version. EvernoteClipper.exe is also not running in the background as it should be.

Thank you, Sartika, that worked...as well as it's going to, anyway.

I had to login through the Web Clipper dialog, and this way adds several other steps to what used to be a seamless process. It also doesn't preserve the photos in an article/page. Considering Web Clipper was already annoying me because it was always running in the background (even when Firefox and Evernote we closed), I think I'll ditch Web Clipper and just copy and paste the pages/URLs into Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming that this has not yet been resolved? I did the EN reinstall and then back to an earlier version of the clipper, but that did not work with the latest version of EN.

Finally removed EN 4.6 through control panel and re-installed Version 5.1.0.252437 of the clipper along with EN version 4.5.1 and the cipper works now.

Has anyone heard anything from EN on this issue?

3 weeks ago went through 2+ hours of chat - dropped back to FF 16, uninstalled and reinstalled Clipper - nothing helps. (FF 17/16; EN 4.6; WinXp SP3)

After that time I saw this forum and figured EN would serve up a fix - so here it is 1/5/13 and the problem persists.

Is there any fix or reasonable workaround?

Has anyone heard anything from EN on this issue?

3 weeks ago went through 2+ hours of chat - dropped back to FF 16, uninstalled and reinstalled Clipper - nothing helps. (FF 17/16; EN 4.6; WinXp SP3)

After that time I saw this forum and figured EN would serve up a fix - so here it is 1/5/13 and the problem persists.

Is there any fix or reasonable workaround?

Dropping back to EN 4.5.1 and clipper 5.1 on FF 17 worked for me. Not a true work-around but...

Archived