(Archived) Can I Change The Location Of a Note to an Address That I'm not currently at?

ENewbie

Idea

I'm making a notebook of restaurants I'd like to visit in the future and I'd like to attach the address of the restaurant to the note but it seems like I have to be at the location for that Atlas location feature to work. Is there some way I can just type in an address in the Location field under Info? I can't find a way to un-grey it but maybe I'm just trying to do something you aren't supposed to be able to do.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm making a notebook of restaurants I'd like to visit in the future and I'd like to attach the address of the restaurant to the note but it seems like I have to be at the location for that Atlas location feature to work. Is there some way I can just type in an address in the Location field under Info? I can't find a way to un-grey it but maybe I'm just trying to do something you aren't supposed to be able to do.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I have no trouble typing an address into that Location field in the information popover. There is an Atlasy like icon on the right that is gray (well, everything is gray...), but I don't know what it does. It doesn't work to press it. Once you have the address entered, your Atlas view should display the note fine.

Hi ENewbie (another newbie here!)

I've been having the same problem as you (using Evernote 5.0.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8) - when click on the information popover, the Location field is greyed out (as is everything else!) and can't be edited when I try to click on it (unlike every other field, which turn into white text-boxes when I click on them).

The good news is I have managed to find a solution; the bad news is it is very round-about and uncharacteristically disappointing for Evernote - I wonder if this is actually a bug.

The solution is to log into the Evernote website and change the location of the note through that, not through your app on your computer. You then need to click the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner of the note you want to add a location to. Next, click 'Show Details'. Finally, click 'Add Location'. Unfortunately, it's still not that simple - it will only accept the location in the form of Latitude and Longitude numbers; to do these, go to Google maps, find the location you want to use, right-click on the map and select 'What's here?' from the menu that appears, and the latitude and longitude will appear!

All this is from a wonderfully helpful post here (and not anywhere that I could see on the Evernote discussion boards, after a quick glance!): http://www.gordonmeyer.com/2012/01/how-to-change-the-location-data-of-an-evernote-note.html

Cheers - I hope that's some help.

Archived