(Archived) Welcome to the Evernote for Businesses forum

Welcome to the Evernote for Businesses forum, a general discussion area for business related Evernote usecases. The forum also doubles as a discussion area for Evernote Business, which gives your company the tools to collect, discover and share the ideas, research and know-how that create an effortlessly productive workplace.

For more information on Evernote Business, visit here: http://evernote.com/business/

Otherwise, you know the drill, and if you're new, welcome to the community!

• 1 month later...

Hi Matthew,

This came up a while ago and whilst I am sure it will happen, there may be a quicker solution!

Do you have someone in the business or a UK/USA contact who could set up the account for you?

Best regards

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi Dante and welcome to the forum,

If there is no one, why don't you explain what you are having difficulty with and we may be able to help?

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris

Thank you for responding to my email as I do not get any response to the EN Support team

Well my problems are fixable I just need to know how to go about it.

Firstly tags don't seem to work or dragging or dropping does not work either.

How do you enter data into business diaries . There were plenty of videos and Docs on the web when I decided to go with evernote Premium, but the same cannot be said for EN Business!

Thank you 

Hi Dante,

Not sure why you have not heard from Evernote support. But do remember that they will be working on problems rather than requests for help, which is what the forum is really for.

We will need to have more information such as what version of Evernote you are using along with what platform and software.

As well as this more detail will be required on how you are trying to drag and drop. So is this on the Web or within the software for example. How are you trying to tag and what about doesn't seem to work?

As to business diaries there is of course no such thing! Remember that Evernote is not a diary but a note taking application.

However I do have a system that allows me to use Evernote as a diary and really my own simple to do list which I have copied below. I hope it helps.

Best regards

Chris

I have a Notebook called 'Diary 2013' and a Notebook called 'Diary 2013 - Completed'

As tasks arrive on my desk they go into my diary in one of two ways.

Simple tasks go into a new Note which is created every day. The Note would be titled '130417 - General'  for today.
The task is typed or copied into the Note and then a check box is added to the bottom and a line.

The next task that arrives for me goes below this line.

Any emails that need dealing with get sent to my 'Diary 2013' Notebook. I do this by clicking on a 'quick step' in Microsoft Outlook which I created. It adds @Dairy 2013 to the end of the title and then moves the email to my archive file. I add the date code currently manually to the front of the email title. So by way of example lets say I get an email with the following title:

Quotation Required By XYZ Company

This will be forwarded and the new title will be:

130417 - Quotation Required By XYZ Company

With tasks now in various Notes I begin to work on them.

Any communication from a customer is highlighted in Green

Any communication from a supplier is highlighted in Purple

Any communication from me is highlighted in Red

This allows easy viewing of notes within a Note.

Once the task box has been completed as stated above the Diary Note is moved to the 'Diary - 2013 - Completed' folder.

It becomes an easy way of dealing with tasks as I go through my day. If a task is important I don't at the moment have a best method for highlighting this, other than writing in capitals in the title IMPORTANT. I am exploring a couple of ideas at the moment.

What this method does for me is keep all of my tasks in one location and by keeping the date code (thanks again for the suggestion GrumpyMonkey) the Notes are in date order.

• 1 month later...

HI all evernote users,

I was wondering if there are any videos on youtube that can explain how to use Evernote business as the ones on the Evernote are not very helpful at showing you how to use Evernote business.

I have not been online for 6-7 weeks now as my mother passed away and I had to travel back to Ireland for the funeral. Its funny how you look at things differently when your mother passes away.

Hi Dante,

I am not aware of any videos on youtube. Perhaps you might have a search for them.

I don't think that is what it is about with Evernote Business, nor any version really. It is more about how you can adapt the software to work for you. My suggestion above regarding how I use it, is just one of many ideas.

Evernote is too broad a programme for the company to try and tell you how to use it. Look at your current usage, look how you may want to incorporate some of the features of Evernote and work your way through various ideas.

But remember that you need to make the usage a fluid thing. What I mean is, you need to be prepared to change how you use Evernote. The more you use it, the more ideas that will start to come to you. I use Evernote now in a way I had no idea was possible and in fact didn't want to make it work the way it is now. Yet I can now see how streamlined it makes my workflow. How easy it is for my company to deal with quotations and orders. The ability to access that information and everything that went into quoting the customer is priceless.

Best regards

Chris

HI all evernote users,

I was wondering if there are any videos on youtube that can explain how to use Evernote business as the ones on the Evernote are not very helpful at showing you how to use Evernote business.

I have not been online for 6-7 weeks now as my mother passed away and I had to travel back to Ireland for the funeral. Its funny how you look at things differently when your mother passes away.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother--family passing is never a good thing, and can be perspective clearing for sure. 

As for your question about resources, there are a few good places you can start with Evernote Business.  We have a resources area on the main Business site with a gettings started guide and tutorial/case study videos: http://evernote.com/business/resources/

I'd also try the new User Stories area here: http://evernote.com/business/user_stories/ which includes a (growing) workflows section: http://evernote.com/business/user_stories/workflows/index.php

Finally, we regularly post all the Q&A from our Business webinars here in our forum (webinars which can be registered for here: http://evernote.com/business/resources/webinars/) using the webinar tag here: http://discussion.evernote.com/tags/forums/webinar/

Archived