Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Sync process on iphone/ipad

evernote

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Angelindiego

Angelindiego

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is anybody having SYNC issues with their phone/ipad since the upgrade?? I hate that there isn't a SYNC NOW button like there used to be. Nothing is synching and it is driving me nuts!

#2 Angelindiego

Angelindiego

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

that little sync icon in the upper right hand corner doesn't do it for me. Even when you click on it, you can't really tell it is working or not. I want my old version back!!

#3 kemmett

kemmett

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Is anybody having SYNC issues with their phone/ipad since the upgrade?? I hate that there isn't a SYNC NOW button like there used to be. Nothing is synching and it is driving me nuts!

Yep, just upped to 5.1 to see if that helps, but same thing. My note has 12mb or so of audio recording. The error I get is: "Could not make http request"

#4 David RODRIGUEZ

David RODRIGUEZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I also get the "Could not make http request" bug.
I just created a ticket in the support section and I will let you know what answer I get.
I guess it is just a bug that needs to be corrected.

#5 dowdhewitt

dowdhewitt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

I too am having this issue. I have several notes on my iPhone that contain a blue triangle with a white arrow. The sync button does not seem to do anything. I would love this to be fixed. We are considering going premium, but I can't justify the expense if the app does not work and these bugs persist. I really want to support Evernote, but they need to get it together.

#6 Angelindiego

Angelindiego

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Crossing my fingers here, but my issues seemed to be fixed by the 5.1 update. The synching is working, but sometime on my phone, it still jumps around the page which drives me nuts!!!

#7 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Crossing my fingers here, but my issues seemed to be fixed by the 5.1 update. The synching is working, but sometime on my phone, it still jumps around the page which drives me nuts!!!

Indeed. I have reported this as well. It doesn't seem to happen with every note, though. Long ones seem to be especially vulnerable to the bug.

#8 kemmett

kemmett

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Received the following from Evernote support:
"Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm that this is a bug that sometimes gets triggered when syncing notes with images and/or audio files. I have added your activity log along with your comments regarding the size of the audio note to the bug report that the IOS team is actively working."

Hopefully it will be a quick fix...I use Evernote every day with no issues until this one.

Edit:
They suggested: In the meantime we have had results from customers who toggled their Airplane mode "On" then "Off" and resynced their device successfully.

Edited by kemmett, 10 December 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#9 icy

icy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

i got the same problem too, that little sync icon in the upper right hand corner doesn't do it for me. :( i tried the airplane mode trick, didn't work.

#10 Bryan So

Bryan So

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

It just doesn't work and hasn't been working for a month. See http://discussion.ev...ote-sync-error/

#11 Angelindiego

Angelindiego

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Ok...thought I would put in another 2 cents...
Since the latest upgrade, I have not had any sync issues. It has been working like it should. That sync icon in the upper right hand corner WAS worthless...but now, as soon as I close my notebook, it syncs...working great so far! What I have found, is that when I open evernote, whether on my PC or ipad/iphone, sync first!!!!! then open notes and start working! Relieve yourself of "conflicts". What I am still not happy with is on my iphone, when I click to ADD something, say a list with a checkbox, it JUMPS all over and I have to continually go find my spot in the list ...that is irrating!! Sure beats not syncing issues though!! Good job EVERNOTE!!

#12 Dr.Art

Dr.Art

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I cannot get my iPad to sync to other devices (iPhone 4S and Mac book pro) at all. Stuff on iPhone and my laptop sync fine. This has been since the update. What's up with this?

#13 icy

icy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

i just downloaded the update, seems working now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote