Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Chrome

Clearly converts the page but then hangs

clearly

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thechilibuddy

thechilibuddy

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Any one notice this from Clearly lately? Last week, the extension started hanging on my converted pages such that I could not scroll down. Attempts to close the page/tab also had no responses. If I ignored it for awhile, I could load other pages but Shockwave Flash plug-in would crash.

It's a bit useless isn't it? I had to resort to going back to Readability.

#2 amirmasoudabdol

amirmasoudabdol

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

I have the same problem and it's really annoying! Please fix it.

Check out my project: NimbleBox. The quickest and easiest way of taking notes in Windows with Markdown, Right-to-left support and more ...

#3 jbignert

jbignert

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Please post OS version, Chrome version and URl where the issue happens so we can reproduce it. THx.

#4 amirmasoudabdol

amirmasoudabdol

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Every URL, Windows 7 64bit, Latest Chrome!

Check out my project: NimbleBox. The quickest and easiest way of taking notes in Windows with Markdown, Right-to-left support and more ...

#5 jbignert

jbignert

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi all, if you have a few minutes to test a new bug fix version that would be great, it should fix the issue you are seeing. Get the build here:
https://www.evernote...ff20ed2fd9d56f8

Please let me know if is fixing the issue.

#6 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have noticed a similar problem with Clearly using Firefox and Windows 7 64.
I posted a message last month and the problem seems to have gotten worse.
http://discussion.ev...-slower-lately/

My work-around to capture a page is to open a 2nd tab window. After selecting the desklamp icon in the upper right, I select the capture option which takes a long, long time to capture any webpage. The reason for opening the 2nd window is to allow me to do other things instead of staring at the rotating circles that just keep going around and around and around.

I don't do Evernote betas anymore. My data is too important. So, I will wait it out until the problem is solved and a general release is issued. Hopefully, when the problem is solved there will be some sort of notification to the users.

#7 amirmasoudabdol

amirmasoudabdol

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

It's not fixed in my system. Still same bug!

#8 thechilibuddy

thechilibuddy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

regular and beta - no fix to this bug!

#9 drandall

drandall

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Same problems here: Clearly converts the page format, then hangs. The only way out is closing the page. I've disabled, uninstalled, and reinstalled Clearly (including the Beta version mentioned above) with absolutely no change. Clearly has gone from an app I used a dozen times a day to a headache. I'm running the latest Chrome and Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote